Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Sudden odd browser problems

[ Edited ]

Today I noticed that my browser on my Z10 phone starting behaving oddly.  I am running OS 10.1.0.2019 currently.

The first problem I noticed was that I could not access the menu (the 3 vertical dots on the bottom right).  When I press it, a small horizontal blue line appears briefly on top of the menu button, but then disappears and the menu will not open.

Then I tried to shut off a couple of the tabs I had open by clicking the "X" on each one of the tabs but they would not shut off.  

While having these tabs displayed, the only feature which now works is the "New Tab" feature.   Yes, it will open a new tab when I click on it, but the browser window will not slide back to the left in order to see the blank webpage.

Another oddity is that I cannot access my browser history nor can I turn on the bookmarks.    When I press on the History, it will outline a blue square and the square will disappear.  The browser window does not slide back to the left.

The same thing occurs with the Bookmarks; the blue box will appear briefly, disappear and the browser window does not slide back to the left.

Another thing which is happening when I first open the web browser is that my bookmarks do not appear.  I have not deleted them.  I normally see 8 displayed in the grid fashion.

I have re-started the phone 3 times today, pulled the battery twice, pulled the phone card (not the memory card) once at the same time as a battery pull.

I don't know what else I can do to get this web browser performing as it once was.  Does anyone know what to do?

This is the first time I have ever had this problem with the phone's web browser.   Thank you for any advice.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Sudden odd browser problems

Backup the phone with Link, then update to OS 10.2.1.2141.

If not available from your carrier, check the forum for procedure.

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Hi.. 

The next update will be coming soon may be. . might that solve this issues. . 

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
Contributor

Ah, backing up THIS phone. My PC and my phone can't connect with each other. I tried with more than one cord. I do have the BlackBerry Desktop Software installed though.
I ran the update last night but it told me there were no updates available and that 10.1.0.2019 is the latest one available. I am on AT&T.
Also, what is Link?
Super Contributor

You need to have BlackBerry link software to connect the OS 10 devices to the PC. . Try do do that..

Thanks
Contributor

That is what I was figuring last night. I had the phone check for updates (Settings-->Software Updates), and it said that I had the latest OS update.
Super Contributor

So you have to wait for that update ..  that might fix the issue. . 

Thanks
Contributor

Since my original post, I have noticed some other symptoms :

1. Links which I click on from my emails will open a tab in the browser, which is normal. I have no problem with these tabs and I am able to close them.

2. I cannot access my list of downloads to see what files I downloaded with the web browser. Again, that is the Menu button not working.

Anyway, just some other things I have noticed since yesterday.
Contributor

What is Link? Is it an app or a website?
Super Contributor

Please find the below link for BB link download..

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html

This is a software to connect the OS 10 devices ( z10, q10, q5 ) to the Pc.. as the other old devices uses BB desktop software these OS 10 devices uses BB link to connect to the PC. . 

Thanks