Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: THINGS I REALLY DON'T GET ABOUT MY NEW Z10

[ Edited ]

ryanstevenson87 wrote:
A little bit late on that, we have already established that there was a slight misunderstanding. (one of those oops signs would be good right now lol)

Never too late for Kudos when they are do. Sometimes just selecting the LIKE button is just not enough.

Well written in plain english in such a way most should get the picture.  I am sure it took time and thought to do that.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
New Contributor
My Device: Priv, Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

"where in the app world ? you installed an application ?"

You can't do it while in the app world. You have to go to the main screen & click the little "search" start typing in the name of what you downloaded & it will come up.  You can click & install it from there.

That's my point about the apps is that they do not automatically install themself.  You have to manually do it.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

This may have already been covered but you can force the installs via BB App World from your PC.  Select MY WORLD and you will see your previous apps.  Each app will have a Install or Unistall button even from previous phones.  This works like a dream and it sends it to your phone .  You can do them much faster that way. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I agree with things being strange on the z10. I have kept my phone since released on Feb 5th and have been through tutorials and all sorts of help however no luck.

1) sending pictures off the internet isnt as simple as copy and paste like it used to be, the picture has to be downloaded then found then sent otherwise only a link is sent.

2)the facebook app is so limiting you cant tag photos and most times the timeline doesnt load properly on my device, its also confusing to navigate.

3) messages can be viewed from the lock screen however you cant just access them from there especially if you left off somewhere else, you have to navigate all the way to the hub. Why are messages BEHIND everything when the main use I got a blackberry is for messaging and communicating?

4)the camera takes very grainy indoor photos and the flash isnt available in all modes or when using stabilization.

5)everything remains open. Im forced to close things not only by swiping up but also by removing it from my home screen, you should be able to just close the browser and it remains closed.

6) when reopening the browser the tiles of recently viewed pages is always there, there isnt really a home page that it goes to first like the previous blackberries.

7) the browser many times has just gone to a black screen when browsing and I have to do a battery pull to get anywhere else.

New Contributor

"  This may have already been covered but you can force the installs via BB App World from your PC."

Thanks. Not very convenient, though.  Do you think?

Highlighted
New Contributor

"2)the facebook app is so limiting you cant tag photos and most times the timeline doesnt load properly on my device, its also confusing to navigate."

Don't forget... you also cannot SHARE using the FB app

However, I was able to tag a picture but it used my list of Contacts rather than Friends List.  None-the-less, it worked

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

towngirl_04 wrote:

"  This may have already been covered but you can force the installs via BB App World from your PC."

Thanks. Not very convenient, though.  Do you think?

I actually think it is great !  I found apps there that I forgot I even owned from previous phones.  I can load them all almost instantly.      Using the phone is great if you have time to kill and you want to look them up 1 at a time etc.

I can see all my billing history etc  on one creen wothout having to move it around to read the rowa/ columns .. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Os7.1
My Carrier: Dtac Thailand

THINGS I REALLY DON'T GET ABOUT MY Z10
Regular Contributor
My Device: Os7.1
My Carrier: Dtac Thailand

I just don't get why there isn't somewhere so simple that you can just jot your ideas and solutions down and for BlackBerry to sift through it ALL and rank them (as stated above) ready to be rolled out on, let's suggest, a weekly software patch..
Requests can always be sent to bbsuggestions@rim.com
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

"1) sending pictures off the internet isnt as simple as copy and paste like it used to be, the picture has to be downloaded then found then sent otherwise only a link is sent."

Click the image, select share from the pop-up menu and a link is sent to the image - correct. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

2) I don't use facebook much so I can't help you here. Smiley Very Happy

"3) messages can be viewed from the lock screen however you cant just access them from there especially if you left off somewhere else, you have to navigate all the way to the hub. Why are messages BEHIND everything when the main use I got a blackberry is for messaging and communicating?"

Not sure exactly what you mean here, can you be more clear?

I personally find the Hub awesome, swipe up from the bottom bezel and to the right from any app to instantly view all of your messages? Brilliant!

4)the camera takes very grainy indoor photos and the flash isnt available in all modes or when using stabilization.

I have managed to pull some fantastic photos of the kids with this camera with the image stabiliation, indoors but it was a bright sunny day. The lens is tiny, so it won't let in a lot of light if it isn't there. That said some people are reporting that if you focus the target on a dark spot on the image it gains up the camera quite nicely.

5)everything remains open. Im forced to close things not only by swiping up but also by removing it from my home screen, you should be able to just close the browser and it remains closed.

Ummm.. that is a feature... called Multi-tasking. Smiley Wink The ZED is a powerhouse that easily runs a bunch of apps at the same time, so why close them? ;oD Besides is swiping up to see the tiles and then clicking the 'X' to close the app any more difficult than opening a menu and clicking "close app"? I think not.

6) when reopening the browser the tiles of recently viewed pages is always there, there isnt really a home page that it goes to first like the previous blackberries.

It will take you to a real home page if you choose to have it do so.

Open the Browser and choose Settings from the menu then Display and Actions. Select "Show my home page" from the On Startup dropdown and then you MUST set a home page! Chose "Open a Specific Page" from the "Home Page" dropdown and then enter your home page address in the box below or click "Current Page" if you are already on that page. If you don't have a home page set then it goes to the tiles automatically because.... you don't have a home page for it to go to. Smiley Happy

7) the browser many times has just gone to a black screen when browsing and I have to do a battery pull to get anywhere else.

If you are having browser issues it may be communication issues, are you using the wireless network or your Wifi network? I have only once seen a blank page from the browser and I was too far from my Wifi AP for it to work effectively (walking the dog down the street) and it hadn't quite dropped the connection yet for the LTE to kick in. Smiley Happy

Hope some of that helps out.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy