Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Text Message Duplicates v10.1.0.1916

The above referenced software update appears to have fixed the numerous issues I was experiencing with my Z10. However, it has created a new issue that I am at a loss to find a solution for.  

When sending text messages some, but not all, of my contacts are receiving duplicate messages.  I have discovered that some contacts always are double listed as a contact name and separately as a phone number at the top of the text screen where they are referred to as "participants".  To date I have found no way to delete one of the "participants", so the message is only sent once.

I have looked at my contact list and have not found duplicates or a separate contact as just a phone number which might have accounted for why the "participants" were the contact by name and separately as just a phone number.  The goal is to delete the phone number as a "participant" leaving just the contact name.

Contacts that are only included once, by name, do not receive duplicate texts.  Only those where the phone number is included as an additional participant receive duplicate texts.

Anybody know of a way to delete the additional "participant"?  Or is there another update available that will resolve the issue.  I had to find the above update (on Crackberry, I believe) to make my phone usable.  To date, Verizon, in a display of unbelievably poor BB support has released no updates to the Z10, leaving all us poor fools that bought ours from them to fend for ourselves if we want to use the phone for anything more than phone calls, which it was not very good at either for that matter.  Fortunately, the above update dramatically improved the phone's functionality, but at the cost of a new, albeit a minor annoyance, problem.