Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Text message problem with BlackBerry Z10

I'm having a problem with text messages. Each time I receive a tweet from Twitter for a sports columnist I follow, there is an accompaning text message with the same info in the tweet. The texts heading is always 40404. The negative in this is that it is causing an overage in my text message monthly limit. I don't get text messages from any other Twitter source. I have tried delving into to the Twitter settings but have not found anything that stops the texts. I did not have this problem with my Torch 9850, so I don't know why the Z10 is having this problem. I hope someone can provide a fix for this annoyance.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Text message problem with BlackBerry Z10

There is nothing on the Z10 that enables any text messages from Twitter. The only way to get that is to follow the instructions in the link below:

https://support.twitter.com/articles/14589-getting-started-with-twitter-via-sms#

Have you tried replying to one of these text messages with "STOP"?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Here is info on how to turn it off:

https://support.twitter.com/groups/54-mobile-apps/topics/225-sms/articles/129550-managing-your-mobil...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks John. I used the "STOP" command. It is currently working. Strange because I don't know how it started.

Guru II

Excellent!