Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: The camera can't be started

So is your Camera working properly now?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

My camera is still giving me the same error - "the camera can't be started"

i still cant view any videos, on youtube, recorded on my phone, sent to me, etc.

i have tried everything, except reverting back to 10.1, which i do not want to do as there MUST be a solution to this.

OK, specifically at your Settings > About > OS Version, what is your OS version?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

Try this solution posted in another thread by another user:

I figured something out this morning and it's the strangest solution! If I use the volume up/down buttons to click a picture the camera starts working again :smileyhappy: I think it's a hardware problem and some sort of a loose connection so giving the phone to the support center and getting it fixed. Thanks again! Cheers!

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Camera-not-working-after-10-2-update/m-p/26784...

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Software release: 10.2.0.424 OS Version: 10.2.0.1791 Blackberry Z10
New Contributor

Ok, now don't ask me how this happened, but it did:

last night in my Insomniac Stupor, i played around on my phone, went into application permissions, switched all the permissions to "OFF", and TADA! The camera was working....

I think it had something to do with some apps and the Shared Files Option in Permissions.

After the camera started working, i went back to permissions and swithed all to the "ON" position, went back to camera, and yes, it was still working! And i can watch videos now!

I hope this will help anyone else having this issue, mine is now resolved, and that by playing around... 

Thanks for all the help and motivation.

My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Thanks JQ I'll pass on to others with this issue and see if it helps them.
New Contributor

oh well now, we are back to square one...

all was working fine, as per my previous thread, but then on saturday, while i was busy on my phone, it died (without a "battery below 20%" warning.

When put on charge, and rebooted, the camera gave the same error again. 

tried everything as i did in previous thread, and more, and up to date, i can't get my camera to work again.... 

i dont know if anyone else has that problem (where the phone just dies without warning)

we need a more permanent solution....

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10 STL100-1
My Carrier: mtn

There are 2 possible solutions..the easy-safe way and the hard way.

The easy way is to take it to a blackberry smartphone partner and they'll give you a replacement. Done!.

The Hard way is to use Darcy tools to downgrade the OS back to 10.1 and the camera and video should be back in working order. Then you can update again much later when blackberry has figured out how to take care of this bug completely. But the problem with this is there is a chance you can end up bricking your phone.

Reload OS, memory wipe, remove memory card will not work, I did all that trust me. Goodluck

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

Gat a new Zed10 yesterday, went through the setup and installed the OTA. 424 update, camera stopped working. Got a replacement today, same same thing, after. 424 camera stops working. Is there no fix? How the hell can BlackBerry just ignore these issues? I'm really P'd.