Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

The difference between this forum and the one below called blackberryforums.com

http://www.blackberryforums.com/

The forum called the above is a busy one but I, as a new owner of the Z10 and a new user of a smartphone, am confused by the difference between that one and this forum called supportforumblackberry.com -- both appear to be official or sanctioned BlackBerry forums, or am I wrong?

Can someone tell me which is the best one to use for reliable advice and information?

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: The difference between this forum and the one below called blackberryforums.com

I'd like to add that I received incorrect advice re the difference between "Data" and "WiFi" on the other forum when I asked about whether BBM would still be active if I turned off the Data on the button within the Network box under Settings, and kept active only our household WiFi and logged into that on the Z10, in order to minimize data costs on my plan. That's where it is now, on the household WiFi, the Bell data turned off via the Data tab's off button, and the Z10 shows the standard cellular service active, the WiFi active, and BBM available... I had this confirmed via my Bell store locally, as well. I was pretty confused.
Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: The difference between this forum and the one below called blackberryforums.com

[ Edited ]

janetnewuser wrote:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/

The forum called the above is a busy one but I, as a new owner of the Z10 and a new user of a smartphone, am confused by the difference between that one and this forum called supportforumblackberry.com -- both appear to be official or sanctioned BlackBerry forums, or am I wrong?

Can someone tell me which is the best one to use for reliable advice and information?

Janet, that forum linked above is a great resource for past BlackBerrys, but is mostly inactive now, with fewer users and updates. You will receive more up to date information here, in this forum. I have been associated with the other forum in the past, and it just isn't as active as in the past. That one is NOT officially connected to BlackBerry in any way and states such on the main page.

This one is provided officially by BlackBerry, however This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

janetnewuser wrote:
I'd like to add that I received incorrect advice re the difference between "Data" and "WiFi" on the other forum when I asked about whether BBM would still be active if I turned off the Data on the button within the Network box under Settings, and kept active only our household WiFi and logged into that on the Z10, in order to minimize data costs on my plan. That's where it is now, on the household WiFi, the Bell data turned off via the Data tab's off button, and the Z10 shows the standard cellular service active, the WiFi active, and BBM available... I had this confirmed via my Bell store locally, as well. I was pretty confused.

BBM should be available when using ONLY a WiFi connection on your Z10.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, iPhone 6s
My Carrier: Telus

If I may add...
On many forums, members have rankings based solely on the number of posts. In this forum, members are ranked on the quantity and, more importantly, the quality of their contributions.

That makes me feel more comfortable when viewing advice from someone like a "Resident Expert" on this forum vs a similar title on some other forums.