Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

The lock screen and password can be breached through the camera icon

If you hold down the camera icon on the lock screen, the camera app will launch gaining you access to the phone and it's programs and security. How do you fix this???
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: The lock screen and password can be breached through the camera icon

I believe you only get access to the camera. Smiley Wink
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Forums Advisor III

Just confirmed, only camera access when locked.
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Contributor

Which opens the gate to access the phone by going through all possible options. I think it took me roughly 45 seconds to take a picture then figure out options to get me to other menus. Within 90 seconds I was in. This is scary.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I will have to try this...!

I know when the phone is locked there are some things that are allowed.

According to the instruction manual for the Z10, the camera is accessable while the phone is locked. It is also possible to receive calls while the phone is locked.

What is important for me is that the documents, tasks, schedules, and contacts cannot be seen while the phone is locked.

I would recommend to use Blackberry Protect.  If the phone is password protected, it will also ask for the password before allowing changes. The finder of the phone will not be able to make any changes to Blackberry Protect.  This way, from a tablet or any PC you can log in to Blackberry Protect  for your account on the net and wipe the phone.

Jerry G.
Contributor

Yep.   I got into the phone within a minute but it seems like I had to take a picture first.

Contributor

>: (
Forums Advisor III

jordancrown1 wrote:
Which opens the gate to access the phone by going through all possible options. I think it took me roughly 45 seconds to take a picture then figure out options to get me to other menus. Within 90 seconds I was in. This is scary.

Jordancrown1 - please confirm that your phone was actually locked before you tried to go to the camera.

The fastest default time that the phone will lock on its own is 1 minute. Instantly when in a magneted holster if that is selected, or if by holding down power button and then chosing lock.

Otherwise if you tap the top button the phone is not actually locked.. simply hibernating until the lock timer or other lock trigger is enacted. Smiley Happy

I will try this again myself to confirm now.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

It will take a picture but will not let you into the media files or directories, nor into the share menus. I didn't try for a very long time but I couldn't break out of it.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Forums Advisor III

OK, so I just tried this again.

Made sure the phone was actually locked by holding the top button and chosing "Lock".

Entered camera using "Wake up page" icon hold and was able to take pictures. As per designed.

I could only preview pictures by using the special preview gesture (touching taken image in the lower left corner and swiping up.)

Any other action on the phone would pop up a box saying that the phone is locked. Even the menu items are greyed out from the top down swipe menu.

If you have indeed found a way in through this icon, please expalin, otherwise I call B$ or operator error (not locking the device fully.)

Ball's in your court. Smiley Happy