Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: No Device (Yet)
My Carrier: Orange

To convert or not to convert (from different platform)

Good Afternoon/Evening,

I am a long term Android user and still am so far. My upgrade is due later in the year (June/July ish) and have started with a little research as to what I may do.

Something is drawing me to Blackberry and the Z10. Alsways admired how well previous BB's have faired even with the small screens but the Z10 really catches my eye.

What seems to bring me towards BB is the new OS and something different to learn and take on. Part of me does not what to go with the easy option of having an S3 to upgrade to from my S2...

Anyway I wanted to say hi and I will be lurking around over the coming months and hopefully keeping my eye on the community and updates to the BB10 OS.

Heres to hoping I am swayed by the Z10 and can become an official BB family member!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: To convert or not to convert (from different platform)

Hello!

I can tell you that I had a Z10 and an Android running in parallel for almost 2 months. During that time, I really came to hate the Droid, and have decommissioned it and am going to sell it away (I don't care how cheap I have to sell it).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: To convert or not to convert (from different platform)

For the most part, these forums are for people who are looking for support for their BlackBerry device.  As such, you're going to come across quite a bit of negative posts.  Keep in mind that most people will only show up here when their phones run into problems.

That being said, if you were to go to the Support Forums for any other platform, you would find a high percentage of negative posts for that particular type of device.

Personally, I've owned my Z10 since late January and I'm very impressed with the phone.  It truly is the best phone BlackBerry has ever made.  In my opinion, it's the first BlackBerry that can go head-to-head with any other smartphone in any situation (previously, BlackBerry phones have been very good at some things while maybe not excelling in other departments i.e. browsing).

Please feel free to look around our little corner of the internet and don't hesitate to ask questions while you're here.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.