Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

To do with alarms and notes

Hello,

The native note apps is now gone from the BB10.  All my old notes are at the bottom of the "remember" app but when you add a new note, it appears with a to do style checkbox.  In fact, if you edit one of your original notes it will move it to the check box list. (I thought I lost my password note!)

Meanwhile, Rememeber is missing the ability to set an alarm reminder.

Has anyone found a good to-do and/or note app that has an alarm feature?  I've looked through many of the Note apps in BB app world but haven't seen any reference to a reminder feature.  I used that all the time on my torch for calendar and to do items. 

Cheers 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: To do with alarms and notes

Hi funcourt,

Can you please verify for me that you are in the Notes folder when you are having this issue adding and editing notes and not in the Unfiled Entries, Tasks or another folder in BlackBerry Remember?

You should be able to set an alarm for a Task by setting the due date and then setting a notification for Reminders in Settings > Notifications > Reminders.

Please let me know the results.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: To do with alarms and notes

Thanks for your reply.

I added a new folder called "work" and have added four new entries.  When inputting the data I moved the switch to turn on "due date" .  From there I can enter a date but there's no time entry field.  The task will appear on my home screen but there's no time specific alarm. When viewing all the items in the folder, they are categorized by today, tomorrow, later, and completed. Everything new is also entered as a task (with a checkbox) rather than a true note.

Meanwhile, I've tried several note apps from blackberry app world including a couple $2 versions and haven't found anything I like just yet.

I think the root issue might be that it's not linking to my outlook. That's a whole other problem! My outlook is still 2003 so if I were to upgrade to a newer outlook, and get sync'd via outlook.com would that finally get everything coordinating nicely?