Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Took it back

I purchased a Blackberry z10 from Verizon and had it for 3 days then I sent it back. I had trouble with configuring Gmail, Live mail aka Hotmail. The apps. Would disappear from the hub, reappear then work then would not accept my password. After 3 calls to Blackberry support and one call to Verizon with no resolution , the last straw was when my screen would not respond to swipes and stay black. I did not want to go through glitches for the next 2 contract years and wait for Blackberry to fix the problems. I originally bought the phone because of the specs., looks, price and I was trying to get away from android and IOS and have something that was more practical and business friendly and different than what everyone else had. I got frustrated on how BB 10 was not so user friendly and I sent back the phone and purchased a Motorola droid MAXX. Sorry Blackberry I hope you make it as we need competition in the market place but I cannot afford to fiddle around. A phone should be user friendly and ready to go. Adios!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Took it back

Good day

Did you update your OS once you got your Z10?

I have no problems with my Z10 since the beginning of time, well good luck with your new device!

An update was the first thing I did and then again to make sure, thank
Contributor

PS. BB support never got back to me after a week like they promised. I hope you guys have better luck. If you can return your phone I would highly suggest that, Unfortunately I think there are too many problems with BB
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Sentitback wrote:
PS. BB support never got back to me after a week like they promised. I hope you guys have better luck. If you can return your phone I would highly suggest that, Unfortunately I think there are too many problems with BB

I have mine since launch time in Canada (2013/02/05), and I never had any major problem, and absolutely nothing that a battery pull would not resolved

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor

I'm glad yours worked out for you. I like the look of the phone and the operating system has potential. I purchased the Z10 because I felt that it was an good alternative to the Android and IOS/Apple hold on the market. But I had problems that were unfortunately not resolved and by reading all posted problems encountered by other user users I feel that the BB was not worth the hassle. I wish I were wrong and I wish BB does well. Thanks
Developer

Same here. I just love Z10. And many colleagues of mine can say the same. But you need to update OS!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

A couple of general observations... when I see posts like this: the unspoken presmise is...

1)  My phone is bad, therefore they all must be bad. 

2)  My service experience was bad, therefore all BBerry service must be bad. 

Neither is true.  I have had none of the issues you describe, and your problems clearly suggest a defective device.   Of course if you had wanted you could have exchanged your phone for another since you only had it for three days.  Right? 

The point is this forum is geared for helping people sort their problems.  But, you never gave that a shot here.  There are a lot of really competent people here who are happy to help out.  So, the only advice I can pass on (having owned just about every cell OS past and present) is: next time you get a phone that acts like it is totally broken, assume it is. 

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

been using my Z10 since Jan 30th 2013, no issues with mine and had my wife get one on Verizon too.

hers has not had any issue, usually she is the issue, LOL

good luck with your droid, my neightbor went through 3 of them for a bad display, it can happen with anything electronic

last week a new laptop had a bad hard drive after only 5 days

i could go on but i hope you get the point

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V