Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Total Number of Contacts

I would love to know exactly how many contacts I currently have on my Z10.

I have multiple contacts synched from various sources and would love to know if there is a way to find out how many contacts are on my Z10 under each server (Work, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, etc)

Thanks,

John D.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Total Number of Contacts

Hey DementedJohn,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

I'm sorry but this feature is not available on BlackBerry 10.  We appreciate the feedback though.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9810 OS 7.1.0.250
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria.

Hello ViciousFerret,

This is not fair, this is really going to make support work quite difficult for people that use the BB10 for work and can't ascertain that the number on outlook is the same on the device.

Kindly put this through to the development team to include in the coming updates - how am i supposed to explain to an executive that "feature is not available on BlackBerry 10" wow!

I have had a couple of incomplete contacts complaints.

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: etisalat

Totally agree with Segunb. We as enterprise entity, the top management looking to have all features in their new Q10/Z10 devices. basic things RIM didn't consider it during the OS development. How you can expect people to keep using your new platforms if it's not meet with their basic requirements.

I have a challenge that our CEO didn’t accept to use the new device because  one of the features doesn't exist in the new devices.

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: ufone

This is really pathetic. 

Very basic features of BB are not present in Z10/Q10. After checking each and every item in BB settings, I googled this problem and found this that basic feature is not available. I cant check and confirm that all my contacts are restored in my new set.

I cant also sync my device data one way to outlook overwritting outlook data. Can only import data from outlook. 

BB team are you listening? Are you people in your full senses? 

Emaad
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Next Generation

Total Number of Contacts in Blackberry Q10

We Also facing same issue there is no option in Blackberry Q10 to verify the total no of contacts.

This is our Company COO blackberry and we have completed the transfer of data using Blackberry Link and now to we have find out total contacts in Blackberry Q10.

Blackberry team is there any way to find the total contacts in Q10 that were transfered from Old Blackberry device.

Godwin X 

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Use the third party app InTouch Contacts, that will give you a total number.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

The only reason BB has not added the number of contacts is that they know only too well that many contacts don't migrate from an old device to a new one. Big serious bug they won't admit publicly. I have 2194 contacts on my Torch. When I switch to Z10 the last time I counted I had 1750 contacts. Today I tried again but I have no way to know how many have not been transferred. But I know for sure that some haven't for having checked some at random.

Good luck BB.
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Well, louthi, you're responding to a months old thread, and your information is out of date.

To see your total number of contacts, open your contact app, tap the ALL tab at bottom left and DRAG down on the screen to see your number of contacts.

You can tap any tab on the contacts app at bottom left (FaceBook, Twitter, etc) and see how many are in each tab, in the same manner.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9810 OS 7.1.0.250
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria.

Thank you J Sanders, this case has been resolved by BlackBerry and the feature is now present.