Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Transfer contacts from Z10 to Torch 9860

Hi,

I have recently backedup my Z10 on blackberry link (personal phone). I have then downloaded BB desktop manager for my 9860 (work phone) - there is no info on the 9860 yet.

I thought that i would be able to transfer the contacts from the backup file of the Z10 to my 9860 - but when i select restore on the desktop software for the 9860, the file is not there. When i search and select for the backup file, it does not allow me to select or do anything with it.

Am i doing something wrong?

All i want to do is get contacts from my Z10 to my older 9860...

Help...

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Transfer contacts from Z10 to Torch 9860

Scottgo wrote:

Hi,

I have recently backedup my Z10 on blackberry link (personal phone). I have then downloaded BB desktop manager for my 9860 (work phone) - there is no info on the 9860 yet.

I thought that i would be able to transfer the contacts from the backup file of the Z10 to my 9860 - but when i select restore on the desktop software for the 9860, the file is not there. When i search and select for the backup file, it does not allow me to select or do anything with it.

Am i doing something wrong?

All i want to do is get contacts from my Z10 to my older 9860...

Help...

You can not go backward with a backup fille, you will either need to use Active Sync from work to transfer your information, or find a online email service that allow you either Active sync or CARDDAV to be able to transfer to the older phone

Or you can do it manually

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin