Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: orange

Re: ISSUE FOUND - Re: Transfer of PhoneBook to BMW via Bluetooth

Sounds like waffle to me as I've got a Kenwood system that downloaded my contacts with a bold 9980 but won't work with a Z10 yet same amount on contacts!!

I'm considering getting another phone as this is now a complete pain for a so-called upgraded phone.

I've also heard the Blackberry Balance needs to be turned off and syn via Act syn only.  It's a company phone so can't turn the balance off.

This is really starting to annoy me now as Blackberry seems to have added some good features but complicated things along the way.

Highlighted
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Re: ISSUE FOUND - Re: Transfer of PhoneBook to BMW via Bluetooth

Before you change to another phone you should be sure it's compatible. It's not just BBerry 10 series phones having issues. I'm sure it's been said, but there is apparently a leaked OS that seems to be more generally compatible. You may want to check the leaked/beta forum in Crackberry. .
My Device: q10
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Transfer of PhoneBook to BMW via Bluetooth

If you are on the BES 10 server  it might be an IT policy that is stopping this.

We had the same thing with our users. when we allowed the following in the IT policy for them the sync worked.

Policy under Hardware = Transfer work contacts using Bluetooth PBAP or HFP

We had this to disallow and they would not sync, when we "allowed" it then they started working (after the policy was pushed back down to the device).

Just something you might want to check.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

schristopher wrote:

If you are on the BES 10 server  it might be an IT policy that is stopping this.

We had the same thing with our users. when we allowed the following in the IT policy for them the sync worked.

Policy under Hardware = Transfer work contacts using Bluetooth PBAP or HFP

We had this to disallow and they would not sync, when we "allowed" it then they started working (after the policy was pushed back down to the device).

Just something you might want to check.

sounds nice but i'm not using BES.

New Contributor

Thanks for the information.  I subsequently got my company IS department to change the settings in Blackberry Balance  to click the "allow" box where it said "allow contacts to be sent via bluetooth".  All works fine now.  Apparently "do not allow" is the default.  Your suggestion worked  as well and I am happy with this result.

threeputt wrote:

Problem solved, I had our IT go into Blackberry Balance and click the "allow" box where it said "allow contacts to be sent via bluetooth".  Works fine now or at least on the way home tonight.  Apparently "do not allow" is the default.  Your suggestion may work as well but I am happy with this result.

Super Contributor

gahewson wrote:

Thanks for the information.  I subsequently got my company IS department to change the settings in Blackberry Balance  to click the "allow" box where it said "allow contacts to be sent via bluetooth".  All works fine now.  Apparently "do not allow" is the default.  Your suggestion worked  as well and I am happy with this result.

threeputt wrote:

Problem solved, I had our IT go into Blackberry Balance and click the "allow" box where it said "allow contacts to be sent via bluetooth".  Works fine now or at least on the way home tonight.  Apparently "do not allow" is the default.  Your suggestion may work as well but I am happy with this result.

i am sincerely happy for the both of you but how do you toggle that setting without BES?  this is needed for my personal phone not issued via my employer.  i am not using BES for my own personal usage.  there has got to be another way.  heeeeeeelp.

New Contributor

When my company IS department changed the setting of Blackberry Balance it was done by them via the main server and not on the individual phone.  I got one brief message that said "encrypt your phone now"  but I didn't actually do anything. It also subsequently allowed any other company person with a Z10 to then link to their car systems.

Sorry I don't know how to do it otherwise.

My system was a Kenwood music system with built in bluetooth.

Super Contributor

I just now got off the phone with BlackBerry Support. They said they are aware of the problem and are working hard on a fix. But of course they have no idea when this fix is going to materialize though.

I informed them about you guys here that have fixed your's but they still say there is no fix at this time. Dang it maybe I can find someone's company who is running BES and ask them to fix my dang phone. Dang it!
Contributor
My Device: 8310, Playbook, Z30, 9900
My Carrier: Fido

[ Edited ]

donb wrote:
I just now got off the phone with BlackBerry Support. They said they are aware of the problem and are working hard on a fix. But of course they have no idea when this fix is going to materialize though.

I informed them about you guys here that have fixed your's but they still say there is no fix at this time. Dang it maybe I can find someone's company who is running BES and ask them to fix my dang phone. Dang it!

Donb, I'm puzzled that BB is saying there is a known issue. I have not had any Z10 phone book transfer issues in several BMW vehicles (mine and others) or any other Bluetooth equipped vehicle I have tried since switching to the Z10 last february. The vehicle list includes several 2010 to 2013 BMW 3 series models (with and without iDrive), a few 2011-2012 Ford SUVs (I think a Fex and an explorer), a 2012 Ford Focus, a 2013 Audi A4.

The only limitation I know of (someone else on the forum has highlighted it) is that there is a limit of "1000-1500" (?)phone numbers in the BMW Bluetooth interface. My understanding though is that you have nowhere near that amount so that can't be it.

What version Z10 phone/firmware and what year BMW model and Bluetooth FW version are you having problems with? As a sanity check, have you tried pairing your Z10 with a different BMW or any other vehicle for that matter? There has to be something wonky specific to your AT&T Z10 firmware and BMW Bluetooth version.

As a reference point, here are the specifics of my setup wich has worked well from the get go:

Z10

STL100-3

Rel. 10.1.0.4181 (all previous versions also worked OK for me)

Carrier: Rogers

No BES

BMW

2010 328 ix with iDrive

Bluetooth version 9224421 (you can find it in the iDrive "Bluetooth Phones" menu if you hit the "Options" button on the center console. It is the scon set of digits after your vehicle id.

Here is a link to the BMW Canada list of tested phones: http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/owners/navigation/bluetooth/_shared/pdf/BMW_Bluetooth_Tested_List_EN.pdf

Interestingly, the Z10 and Q10 are specifically listed in there.

However, when I go to the BMW USA site, only the Bold 9900 is listed as a tested phone for the 3 Series if I select AT&T as a carrier. Even more interesting, the only carriers for which the BMW tool shows that the Z10 and Q10 are supported are T-Mobile or Verizon. You can check what phones and Bluetooth functions are supported for your specific vehicle, using your VIN at this link:http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Owner/BluetoothTechnology/bluetoothframedin.aspx

Hope this helps you figure things out.

Sgt Wilko 

Super Contributor

My issue is that no contacts are transfered, period.  I can only manual dial or receive calls via blutooth. Incoming or outgoing calls are not logged.  This was never and issue with my 9860.  It only started with the Z10.  I can make calls and transfer contacts to my TOM TOM just fine.

Z10

STL100-3

Rel. 10.1.0.2019

Carrier: AT&T

No BES

BMW

2006 530i with iDrive

Beats the heck out of me what the bluetooth version is as I am driving my other non bluetooth BMW today.