Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Transfer of PhoneBook to BMW via Bluetooth

No I'm not John.

Contributor

Come on BlackBerry, please get this sorted out.

'threeput' has established that the default position of the Z10 is to 'not allow' contacts to be accessed by bluetooth and that this can be changed to 'allow' by going into BlackBerry Balance. Thats great.

BUT what about all of us who don't have BlackBerry Balance because we're not on BES????

HOW DO I RESOLVE???
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I would also like an answer to this. At the moment I'm having to run around with two phones as I can't transfer the contact list to my car from my Z10

BlackBerry Employee
My Carrier: Rogers

covvie44 wrote:
Come on BlackBerry, please get this sorted out.

'threeput' has established that the default position of the Z10 is to 'not allow' contacts to be accessed by bluetooth and that this can be changed to 'allow' by going into BlackBerry Balance. Thats great.

BUT what about all of us who don't have BlackBerry Balance because we're not on BES????

HOW DO I RESOLVE???

If you're not on a BDS server you don't have a work partition installed and all of your contact lists are one the personal partitoin.

Contributor

BD:

Ok, so how do I "allow" my contacts to be accessed via bluetooth?

BlackBerry Employee

covvie44 wrote:

BD:

Ok, so how do I "allow" my contacts to be accessed via bluetooth?

You shouldn't need to.  If you're having issues setting up bluetooth with your car I would advise opening a support ticket through your carrier to have this investigated.

Contributor

Yes I've done that BD but its clear that Vodafone dont have the knowledge or indeed the motivation to help beyond a very basic level.  Plus the Z10 is a new handset for them and they can plead ignorance.

The fact is that the Z10 pairs with the car perfectly well (just as my previous Torch and Pearl did) but unlike the Torch and Pearl, the Z10 does not allow the car to access the Contacts List.  For someone like me who spends a lot of time in the car, being able to see who I'm phoning without picking up the handset is a critical and pretty basic requirement.

I am convinced that one of the previous posters "threeput" on this thread has got to the bottom of this problem.

His techies discovered that the default position of the Z10 is to not allow bluetooth access of Contacts.  This can be changed in blackBerry Balance but as I said earlier., how do you change the default to "allow" if you haven't got Balance? 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

That setting is found only in Balance. You won't find iit anywhere else. If youre not on a BES then that is not the issue.

Once I paired my device with my car I transferred the addresses using the transfer option on the car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

"His techies discovered that the default position of the Z10 is to not allow bluetooth access of Contacts.  This can be changed in blackBerry Balance but as I said earlier., how do you change the default to "allow" if you haven't got Balance?"

Maybe so, I don't use balance and mine links the contacts to my 525 happily without any changing of setting on the phone or car.

BlackBerry Employee

covvie44 wrote:

Yes I've done that BD but its clear that Vodafone dont have the knowledge or indeed the motivation to help beyond a very basic level.  Plus the Z10 is a new handset for them and they can plead ignorance.

The fact is that the Z10 pairs with the car perfectly well (just as my previous Torch and Pearl did) but unlike the Torch and Pearl, the Z10 does not allow the car to access the Contacts List.  For someone like me who spends a lot of time in the car, being able to see who I'm phoning without picking up the handset is a critical and pretty basic requirement.

I am convinced that one of the previous posters "threeput" on this thread has got to the bottom of this problem.

His techies discovered that the default position of the Z10 is to not allow bluetooth access of Contacts.  This can be changed in blackBerry Balance but as I said earlier., how do you change the default to "allow" if you haven't got Balance? 

If Vodafone is unable to fix the issue you should  be able to get them to escalate it to BlackBerry to perform more advanced debugging.  They will be able to pull your device logs and see what is happening when attempting to access/download that contacts.