Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

Trouble with Contacts App

Hi there,
I'm having trouble with my contacts app. I tried to take my Facebook contacts out (under the option for that of course) and it immediately takes them out, but after reopening the app they're back. Also, the dark theme won't save at all, although it works on bbm, calendar, and text messages. I tried restarting and even restoring my phone from backup and nothing has worked. Any tips?

I have a z10 on Telus carrier.
Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803.

Thanks so much!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: Trouble with Contacts App

I do not use FB, T, L. so I could not test to try but you could try this to see if it helps.

Tap the settings App, swipe up to and tap Security and Privacy, tap Application Permissions, tap FB and turn Contacts OFF then try Contacts Delete again.

New Contributor

I couldn't find that option under FB permissions, only access to location and access to media files (such as docs and pictures) came up, which I would rather leave on because I often post pictures to my Facebook. Any other suggestions?
Forums Veteran I

After you delete a contact Facebook must still be listed under Social Accounts so tap it and put a check in another account you are not using for that person.

New Contributor

But I haven't deleted any of my contacts? Sorry I don't understand what you're saying, when I bring up application permissions there isn't a section for me for "social accounts". Are you suggesting I unlink all the contacts in my phone from Facebook and then delete all the Facebook ones? Because I have close to 400 friends and that would take an extremely long time. Sorry, that's just confusing me.

Also, that doesn't fix the dark theme problem. I think it is a problem with the app saving the settings, because it will still save new contacts.
Forums Veteran I

I understood from your first post you removed some FB contacts from your contact list but they reappeared.

In my last post I suggested checking a different Social account other than FB for that contact.

The Social Accounts are in the Contact App where your contacts are listed.

New Contributor

Sorry I must not have been clear enough. I'm trying to make my contacts from Facebook not appear with my local contacts in the contacts app. I already went into the area you're talking about under social accounts and turned off the Facebook option but the app won't save the settings, and the Facebook contacts still appear there. I'm having the same problem with activating the dark theme, that setting won't save either. I can't go through all my contacts and delete them -- I have 400 friends on Facebook and that would take a long time, plus if I decide I want my Facebook contacts listed there again I want that option. It's a problem with the app saving the settings, although it will save when adding new contacts.
Forums Veteran I

I do not know why the App is not saving your setting and I hope you do not have to redo all but as you said it does not do it for new contacts added,  so try removing just one old contact and see what happens when you add that contact back. It could be you just have too many contacts.

We see this all the time, people push the memory limits and it causes problems.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Sorry you still don't understand. There's no point in deleting one contact, I don't want to delete my Facebook contacts I just don't want them to appear in with my local contacts. And I wouldn't be able to re-add that one contact without deleting Facebook completely and reinstalling it since the contacts app gets its data from Facebook. I'm not "pushing any memory limits" I have a 16gb phone and a 32gb memory card and that's pretty sad if it can only handle 486 contacts ESPECIALLY if it's going to add your Facebook contacts and not enable you to remove them. The contact app is having trouble saving my preferences. I highly doubt it has ANYTHING to do with the actual contacts, i believe it is a problem with the app itself because I can still add local contacts and delete them but none of my preferences such as the Facebook contacts not appearing and setting it to the dark theme will save.
New Contributor

I know people who have over 700 friends on Facebook, what would they do then? It's not a memory problem.