Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telecom Personal
Accepted Solution

Troubles to sincronice my mail accounts

I can't configure my mail accounts in my BBZ10. Only hotmail account can do. THe others gmail and yahoo is imposible to do. The BBZ tell me several times the password of the account and appears in the screen an advice like this:  Your Logon information for the account ...... has changed or is incorrect. Update your Logon information and try again.

But I did not make any change on my accounts. And tell me the IMAP password, I don't know what IMAP is! Please help me!!!

Here in Argentina the last OS of the BBZ is the 10.0.9.2372

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Troubles to sincronice my mail accounts

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

dabair62 wrote:

I can't configure my mail accounts in my BBZ10. Only hotmail account can do. THe others gmail and yahoo is imposible to do. The BBZ tell me several times the password of the account and appears in the screen an advice like this:  Your Logon information for the account ...... has changed or is incorrect. Update your Logon information and try again.

But I did not make any change on my accounts.

Refer:

• KB13799 Unable to integrate a Yahoo! Mail account on the BlackBerry smartphone, BlackBerry PlayBook, or BlackBerry 10 smartphone

I believe the exact same causes/workarounds apply to Gmail as well.

dabair62 wrote:

And tell me the IMAP password, I don't know what IMAP is!

IMAP is a method (well sort of, this is very simplified) of facing your email account to the Internet. Another is POP. Another is OWA. The method your server uses must match the method your device is capable of, and the device must be configured correctly for the method. Yahoo uses IMAP (as I recall), while GMail allows you to choose POP, IMAP, or both...you do that via the web interface to Gmail. I recommend IMAP for both as it provides the best (IMHO) reconciliation capabilities between the device and the email server.

Typically, if you enable IMAP on Gmail, then use the wizard to configure on the device, it will work correctly. Unless, of course, any of those earlier issues (the linked KB above) apply. The password is the same password you use in every other interface you use (e.g,. webmail) to access that email account. Hence, I do suspect that one of those above-linked issues is at play here...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

having the same problems here in Florida 

Highlighted
New Contributor

You need to go to your gmail account settings/privacy settings/ two steps verification/apps and conected sites/acces administration/specific apps passwords, here you must to create a password to your cel phone, appears a window with many letters, (may be 12) and you must put them in your cel phone as gmails password, after the account name. Looks hard but is easy. After that you have total acces to gmail in your cel phone. The solution below, liking to the kb13799 is usufull to yahoo. Affortunately I solved whole problems!
New Contributor

Thank you sdgarnde. I solved the problems this afternoon, before read your solutions!