Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Turning Off Notifications not working!

Hi There! Overnight, I usually use the 'night shade' feature from the homescreen which turns off my notifications overnight, displays the red clock and the alarm if I have it set.  The phone used to remain in this state until I 'pulled the shade' back up to display the homescreen, but it seems to have a mind of its own now!  What is happening now is that overnight the shade is going back up and my notifications are coming on - has this happened to anybody else, or does anybody know why it's happening?  It's also really annoying if  I have my alarm set, because with notifications off you can tap anywhere on the screen to snooze, but from the home screen you have to touch a specific button.  

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Turning Off Notifications not working!

Hi stretch0623 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

When you start getting notifications again on your BlackBerry Z10, is Bedside Mode still enabled?

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780, Bold 9900, Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Turning Off Notifications not working!

Hi There:

I'm like you in that I like being able to just tap anywhere on the screen to put the alarm on "snooze".

Before I go to bed, I swipe down from the top and change the notifications from "normal" to "phone calls only" or "All alerts off".  Then I go into the clock app, and swipe down from the top to enable "bedside mode". This then brings me to the red screen that dims and eventually turns off.  

I have found that this works everytime. Perhaps by going through the clock app after turning off the notifications to the one you want and putting the phone in bedside mode, this will stop your notifications from going off while you are sleeping.

Hope this helps,

Paul