Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10, Passport, Priv
My Carrier: Rogers

Two Z10s bricked within a week.

Let me preface this by saying I currently own 3 BlackBerry 10 devices (LE Red Z10, Z10, and Q10)

Last week I went to bed plugged my LE Z10 like I normally do but when I woke up the device was off and unresponsive. Battery pulls didn't work, hardware buttons reset didn't work, no LED action at all, and my computer couldn't detect it via USB so software re loading was not possible to attempt.

I thought maybe the battery had fried or something so I swapped the battery's between my Z10s but no luck the LE Z10 still wouldn't boot but my regular one did (meaning it's not a battery issue.)

Somewhat annoyed but unsure what else todo I retired my LE Z10 (after all its not like I can return it to my carrier and as far as I know there is no guarantee on the LE Z10) and started using my original Rogers Z10...

15 minutes ago as I was viewing the news on the CBC app my Z10 screen went solid blue and became un responsive for at least 90 seconds. Then the device turned off. Now my second Z10 is unresponsive just like the first one.

So now I have two Z10s that won't turn on and cannot be detected by usb to reload software, is there anything I can do? I've had my Z10 since launch so I'm not sure if it is still under covered for a replacement
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Two Z10s bricked within a week.

Ouch.

What methods did you use to try to connect and load the OS?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Q10, Passport, Priv
My Carrier: Rogers

Yeah. I love BB10 and luckily still have my Q10 to use this will probably push me to get a Z30 but I'm worried this may happen to people I had convinced to get Z10s over the year and they will rage quit and abandon BlackBerry.

I have tried using auto-loaders and BlackBerry Link, one of my developer friends suggested I try using cfp command lines to to bring the Z10 back to life but I have limited knowledge in that and the command-line he gave me wasn't able to connect to the bootrom (when I plug either phone in with or without battery nothing happens, no led, no sound, no screen action)

I don't know what else to tell you, those are the best tricks I know.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

Altrax wrote:
Yeah. I love BB10 and luckily still have my Q10 to use this will probably push me to get a Z30 but I'm worried this may happen to people I had convinced to get Z10s over the year and they will rage quit and abandon BlackBerry.

I have tried using auto-loaders and BlackBerry Link, one of my developer friends suggested I try using cfp command lines to to bring the Z10 back to life but I have limited knowledge in that and the command-line he gave me wasn't able to connect to the bootrom (when I plug either phone in with or without battery nothing happens, no led, no sound, no screen action)

It is most likely one or more apps, causing the problem. In most cases the infamous blue screen was traced back to errors caused in registry, memory (RAM) or faulty drivers that belong to one or more apps.

Do you remember what apps you had installed on the Z10 and if those apps were installed on both phones?

Altrax wrote:

Additionally, your Z10 is still within the one year warranty, get yours replaced from the seller.

And no, what you're seeing is not a common issue with the Z10. I have three in operation, and know at least a hundred friends with a Z10, so what you experienced is not common.

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

My Z10 works great, I even braved loading an unapproved OS 10.2.0 and it works great. No problems other than spammers!
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.

LCromwell wrote:
My Z10 works great, I even braved loading an unapproved OS 10.2.0 and it works great. No problems other than spammers!

Spammers? That's not a device or OS issue. It's misleading to imply it is.

Knowledge Base Updates