Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Digitel

URGENT Blackberrry Link won't restore multimedia data to my phone

Hi guys,

After updating my phone, and doing properly an twice a backup of all of the data with the Blackberry Link, now I get an a error while restoring the data from any of the two files where I backed up everything.

Please help, I've managed to restore some other data but I have all my memories in my pictures inside the multimedia part of the backup. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Read on the internet about unzipping the file, but it fails to....

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jean Paul Amelinckx.-

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: URGENT Blackberrry Link won't restore multimedia data to my phone

Can you provide the exact error you're getting? That would help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

It just says cannot restore data and goes back to the main screen. Happens if I select to restore the complete backup. When I do a personalized restore and select only settings and apps doesn't happen. It only happens with the media part.

New Contributor

It doesn't even try to start the recovery. Unraring the .bbb file gives a CRC Error :-(Smiley Mad

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It's possible the backup file has become corrupted.  I had that happen once.  You might try Sachesi to restore the backup file.  I can't guarantee it will work but it's worth a shot.

http://www.qtness.com/blog/?p=273

That said, it is always HIGHLY recommended to use a media card in the device for saving photos and videos.  Relying on the device memory which can be affected by device wipes or defective hardware is convenient but risky. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

fawasme wrote:

It doesn't even try to start the recovery. Unraring the .bbb file gives a CRC Error :-(Smiley Mad

The CRC is  "cyclic redundancy check" is basically an error detecting code. It is used by digital networks as well as devices with internal storage against changes to data that can occur accidentaly.

In other words, in your case, you may have a corrupt file (just like John_Clark mentioned above) that may have happened during a previous backup. 

A solution would be to do a personalized restore, like you mentioned earlier. 

Guru II

And since the personalized restore only allows for three different restore databases, Settings, Media, and Application Data, there's probably not much you can do. Sorry.

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply, will try Sacheschi

New Contributor

Dom´t Really know how Sachesi will help. Or I don´t know how to use it properly. Remember I have a 5gb .bbb Backup file damaged in the media part. How can I split or extract certain parts of it with this app?. The phone after done sucessfully two times the backup I decided to upgrade it to 10.2 and then had the problem restoring. So I am stuck with this media files not in my phone. 

I understand there might be some files that are damaged and I have no problem in loosing some of them, but not ALL of them.

Highlighted
Guru II

You can't split the backup into anything but Settings, Media, and Application Data. If any of those specific parts are damaged there is nothing you can do to get the data in them. Sorry.