Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

URGENT- Data Usage App montior

Having come from a Samsung S3 where apps constantly used data, I desparately need a way to monitor that as I have noticed my data usage SOAR on Z10, undoubtedly due to some APPS...

But withouty a monitor, how can we protect ourselves from Massive Roaming Fees???

Boy that will generate horrific press guys. Be carefull here

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: URGENT- Data Usage App montior

Does your carrier have an app or at the very least a website that you can use to monitor your usage? That's what I've done in the past. 

I'd take a look at apps you've downloaded recently to see if one of them is raising your data level consistently. 

Also...if you don't see an app out there that shows you data usage, you're more than welcome to make one! I'll be one of your first customers!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I don't need total data usage.(Carrier info) I need info as 'Data used By EACH App' to track the culprit..

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Ahhh I gotcha, well if you can find an Android app that does this. You may be able to sideload it onto your Z10 (provided you are able to find a .BAR file copy of the Android app)

http://crackberry.com/how-put-android-apps-your-blackberry-10-device

If the program runs without issue than this may be the answer to your problem for now. If not, then you may either have to wait for it to come out in BlackBerry World or as stated before....develop it yourself! There are a ton of apps (mine included) that are waiting to be approved for sale in BlackBerry World.