Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Ufone

Unable to edit APN settings on Z10

Z10 Model STL100-1 OS version 10.0.10.648 Software Release 10.0.10.82 (via wifi) When I bought the cellphone it did not let the Mobile Network to ON and kept sliding back to OFF......then I run the updates using the wifi and after downloading and installing two different updates it finally connected to the mobile network. But now the other issue is that it is not fetching the apn settings from the carrier (ufone Pakistan) I spoke to the ufone guys but they can't figure it out. Is my z10 a blocked handset?? Or there is something I need to differently to make the Internet work using the carrier. Thanks
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Unable to edit APN settings on Z10

The APN setting is locked by your mobile provider. They are editable on some providers, not on others.

Are you not able to access the Internet via your pure mobile network?

Otherwise ask ufone to escalate this issue up BlackBerry tech support.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: bb 9900
My Carrier: Beeline KZ

Hi!

I can't change APN too.

I'm move to the counrty, there is no BB service.  The mobile operator (Beeline KZ) don't know about this problem and can't do nothing.

But any android or apple phone work, and people just talk to me - that the sucks you buy?

Это просто жесть какая то, телефон без интернета, в наше время. Моя nokia 3310 будет работать лучше и ДОЛЬШЕ.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Beeline needs to do a little research, or at least escalate this issue to RIM/BlackBerry support for you.

Perhaps then Beeline can learn how they can unlock the setting for edits.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: digicel Haiti

I bought my Z10 in part because of the hotspot option of this BB. I contacted my mobile provider so that it installs their APN settings. The tethering and hotspot options that allow access the APN settings have disappeared from my Z10. The guy told me he cannot doanything for me. Disappointed and frustrated I was. At home I discovered when I removed the sim card, the options returned and I have access to the APN settings. When I put back the card, the options disappear.

This confimrs that it's the providers job to manage this problem. RIM should inform them how to resolve the problem. It's up to us to put pressure on the provider. I hope this information will be helpful.
Contributor
My Carrier: blackberry

[ Edited ]

Hi If I tell to provider about this problem they can unlock APN setting?

Edit:

I called to my sim card provider they told me in there my apn setting is enable . also i have to call blackberry support for this issue

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey hossein87,

Thanks for reaching out to me.

The APN settings are updated automatically from the SIM card.  Is BlackBerry 10 available from your network service provider?

I look forward to your reply.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Thanks to answering Actually , I bought my z10 from Dubai and there everything was ok . But when I came back to my country (Iran) APN setting until now is unable . my simcard provider told me I have to call blackberry support they can fix this problam .
New Contributor
My Device: bb 9900
My Carrier: Beeline KZ

just update you BB10 phone software to version 10.1.x.x, and you can edit APN settings. (I have this problem on my Z10 earler)

PS sorry for my english

Contributor

thanks i'm trying to update last version