Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberrry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Uninstall BBM Channels

I recently downloaded BBM Channels from the Beta Zone and have been having some issues with my Z10 ever since. The main two are a significant battery drain so my phone barely lasts a day now, and every time I open BBM it says my contacts have update even though they have not, half my contacts aren't even active any more. I would like to uninstall it but have been unable to find any way to do this. I have done everything from trying to load a previous back up file from before I updated, to wipeing the phone 3 times and performing a factory reset. Nothing removes BBM Channels. I am looking to see if anyone has a way to uninstall this application and simply revert back to the original BBM app that should be on my phone. Currently I am using my Blackberry Z10 on the AT&T network with BB Os 10.1.0.2019.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Uninstall BBM Channels

katrigari, if you connect to Link and choose the reload OS option and do NOT restore your Applications Data that should don't. When you back up first, split your backup into three sections: Settings, media, application data. Buy don't restore the applications data.

Another option is to manually upgrade to a higher OS.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberrry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Is there a separate option in blackberry link to reload the os? The only two options I found were to load a previous backup or to reset the phone to factory, both options I have tried several times and neither worked.
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes there is. Click your upper right gear icon. In the middle of the screen should be several choices including reload OS.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code