Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Universal search - web search options have disappeared

The universal search of those ICON's only show up when you can't find on your z10. Make sure you click on the top left hand corner and make sure you select all then just type "nothing to find" then those icon's appear. Otherwise when you do the universal search it will look throughout your z10.. its an amazing feature like no other I have seen.  

Contributor
My Device: Z10, Curve 8520, Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: Rogers

No this doesn't work. What you're saying makes no sense - or at least doesn't address the problem I'm trying to correct. The icons were previously present under 'extend search' whenever I typed something into the search field (as they are in your screen cap). They no longer appear. The web search option is no longer present anywhere in the universal search - it has completely disappeared and there is no option anywhere in the search setting menu to enable it.

Forums Advisor I

If those options have dissapeared, then I would suggest to do BB link Factory restore and start from scratch.

Contributor

I appreciate the help, but with all due respect, I'm looking for a fix - not the standard 'just do a factory reset' and have the same issue potentially come up a day later. I thought with BB10 Blackberry was going to get a better handle on their OS. The Activesync implementation has been garbage on top of this relatively small issue. I'm getting a little fed up with these things. I know it's a brand new OS yadda yadda yadda, but the bugs with Activesync are ridiculous, and now this? 

Forums Advisor I

Call your Mobile Provider and open a ticket. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Ok so I seem to have found a fix for the issue just messing around with the device myself. Doesn't really make sense why the options had disappeared from the main Settings and Search menu, but it works so I'm happy for now. I went into the browser, into the settings menu within the  browser and to the Display and Actions tab. Straight to the bottom is a button for 'Reset Search Engines' - clicked on this and it has made the options for Google, Bing and Yahoo reappear both within the Search menu of the Settings page, as well the tabs for these searches within the Universal Search.