Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

Unlocked Z10 on Tmobile Unlimited Data plan

Hello,

I have a Z10 that is unlocked.  It is on tmobile and was working perfectly well until 2 days ago.  I allowed my co-worker to put her Z10 Verizon SIM into my phone and now I can't see 3G, 4G or 4GLTE anymore.  My phone can manually only find tmobile E.  I've called tmobile and they don't know why it can't find its network automatically.  Did her SIM corrupt my phone?

Please help

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Unlocked Z10 on Tmobile Unlimited Data plan

[ Edited ]

I don't see how it could have.

Pull down the top menu by swiping down from the top bezel, select the Mobile Network option.

There are a few options in this page that could be your problem but first of all see if you can change the Network Mode to 4G & 3G & 2G.

If this is greyed out try the option underneath Network Selection Mode and swith it to manual.

If you see more than one Network provider in that list select the T-mobile one.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer

If it's not in the swipe down list that page can also be reached via Settings -> Networks and Connections ->Mobile Network.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Contributor

I can change the mode to 4GLTE/4G 3G/2G but when I get out if mobile network it reverts back to 2G. When I do the manual scan it finds tmobile E only. I have pulled battery, hard pull. I even used another coworkers tmobile SIM and got the same results. She also put my tmobile SIM in her z10 and it found the 4G network automatically. Any other suggestions?

Developer

Are you sure you have 4G and 3G in your area the radio level it uses will obviously depend on this.

Or are you saying the actual settings page option reverts back to 2G?

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

What is your APN setting?  It should say: "fast.t-mobile.com" 

If it doesn't tap the restore default button or type in the correct APN. 

Contributor

Yes, I'm positive. I've always had 4G 3G network. I'm in DC area. I'm saying the actual settings page (network mode) reverts back to 2G. Why can't my phone locate the 4G network anymore? Is there some internal configuration settings that could have changed? If I wipe my phone, will that help? Coworker thought I could get latest software update 10.2 by using her Verizon SIM

My phone displayed 4G prior to these steps below

1. Pulled my battery (without powering down)
2. Installed girlfriends Verizon SIM (she has Z10)
3. Phone powered up nut didn't find software update
4. Pulled my battery again and put my tmobile SIM back in my phone
5. Phone powered back up and keeps searching for network on main screen. Never found network again
6. Went to mobile network and changed network mode to Manual Scan Mode, touched SCAN for

4G & 3G - no network found

4G & 3G & 2G - AT&T GSM and Tmobile E. (next to Tmobile is a home icon and some weird symbol)

4GLTE 4G/3G - same as above for 4G 3G 2G

4GLTE 4G 3G/2G - same as above

Contributor

APN is fast.t-mobile.com
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

Well, I know you tried another t-mo SIM. but you may have to get a new one of your own. Did your t-mo SIM work in your co-workers T-Mo phone? (Try it the other way around).

Also, I really do not think you should be pulling a battery on a powered up phone unless it's the last resort. IMHO

Contributor

Thanks and I now know I shouldn't just pull battery. Yes I put my tmobile SIM in another tmobile phone and it automatically found 4G network for her. Verizon coworker never put tmobile SIM in her phone. I'm heading to Tmobile store. I'll update