Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10 STL100-002
My Carrier: Orange France

Update by Network useless.

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I bought my BB Z10 on 27th of february, and as far as today, I'm a bit disappointed. The system is a good start to make a good one (The only one that can fight with iOS I think), but there is 2 problems :

- Poor applications library. I understand that the system is still very young, and need some time to have a strong ecosystem of applications.

- Updates by Network Operator. It's a crazy thing to think that all the operators will play your game, and update the system when you want it.

So after these things, the reason of this post.

I'm on the Orange France network. My BB Z10 have a big lack of battery life. The update seen all accross the Internet says that the battery life is really improved with it. BUT ORANGE FRANCE DOESN'T SEND THE UPDATE AND DOESN'T SEEM WANTING TO DO IT !!!!!

So what can I do? I'm at a point that I reused my iPhone 5, and the BB Z10 is sleeping in my desk. If I don't see an improvement in a few days (In other words, if you cannot find an agreement with Orange France or push the update by yourself), I will be pissed off at the point that I will sale it and count on me for making an enormous comment to all my contacts.

Regards,

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Update by Network useless.

You can remove the SIM card and connect to your PC > use your PC browser to go to www.blackberry.com/updates and click on the "Check for Updates" button.

See anything?

You can also contact Orange France and ask them to release it.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code