Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Updated OS software to 10.0.10.85

I updated the OS to the latest version Mar 1/2013 and noticed 2 problems.  One, the notification category in the Hub has disappeared (which I am just curious about, not really a problem for me).  Second, I had customized a lot of my contact message notifiers to older (BB 5.0 sounds) and ringer for my phone and they are not working now.  The custom phone ringer still works, all other customized notifications (messages/emails/facebook etc) do not work now even though they are still on file.  Only the default ones work now. I have reset some of them manually and they still don't work.  This really annoys me because it takes a lot of time to set in the first place and now I can't get them to work again after the OS software update.   It used to happen on my Bold but resetting each contact notifier would get them working again but not on the Z10 (for me).  Other than this, I have been lucky and my Z10 has been working flawlessly so far since I got it day one on the Canada roll out.  Any ideas on the notifications loss?  I might have to get the Hub++ app to try... 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Updated OS software to 10.0.10.85

Did you make a backup of your data usig the Link software before you did the update?

If you made a backup, start the Link software, plug the phone to the computer USB port, and restore the backup.  Normally all your saved setups and etc should come back.

Jerry G.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Updated OS software to 10.0.10.85

I did but won't that roll back the software update to the old software thus defeating the purpose of the update?
I worked on it through the night with no success, sending emails from account to account and finally gave up. I plugged the charger on and went to bed for a few hours. No shutting down or restarts. I was awakened by my customized message alarm. Even customized FB alarms now work???? I don't know what happened but the all the customized alarms seem to work now.

But, another problem surfaced, I can send and receive emails but cannot send emails with a picture attachment through my Telus account. Yet, I can send the same attachment through my live.ca account. I have been testing the account all day and so far the issue still exists. Hopefully, it's just a temporary Telus issue. My luck must be running out and the gremlins are making an appearance. Every thing was flawless until the update, I'll have to see if the attachment problem persists, if it does I'll roll back the software.