Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Updates

I was terribly disappointed that the recent update to the software for the Z10 did not include a couple of major features that were not included in the initial release but of great practical use. The first is the ability to set up  groups in e-mail. The second is when one choses to delete an e-mail. With the Blackberry's we all came to love and enjoy one had a choice of deleting the email only on the device, or deleting it on the server and the device. This was a very sensible and useful option that we sure could use again. 

I do hope these features will again be made available to use soon.

Bob Beausoleil

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Updates

The old BIS account ability of deleting on device or server very likely won't be returned, since the Z10 operates on ActiveSync which basically allows the device to reflect the very same messages as it sees on your email server (i.e., the z10 "mirrors" the messages on your server. Therefore, you cannot "delete on device" only, since the messages are not actually "on your device".

Does that make sense?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Yes it does but a further question.  Does that then mean if I delete an email from my device it deletes it on the server?

Any news on the groups.....overall i am very very pleased with the new device and am encouraging my friends to dump  their anroid and apple devices and move into the 21st centruy with the new Z10  Good job well done.

Thank you

Bob Beausoleil

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

robertbeausoleil wrote:

Yes it does but a further question.  Does that then mean if I delete an email from my device it deletes it on the server?l

yes, exactly.

robertbeausoleil wrote:

Any news on the groups.....overall i am very very pleased with the new device and am encouraging my friends to dump  their anroid and apple devices and move into the 21st centruy with the new Z10  Good job well done.

No news on the Groups or distribution lists issue. I too hope it's added back soon.

Many email services will allow a setup of any email alias, in which you would create the 'group' email alias, and then on that alias, set it to forward any message sent to that address to broader group of email accounts.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code