Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: None
Accepted Solution

Updating without succes

Good afternoon

I'm trying to update my Z10 operating system without succes.

My BB version: STL100-2
OS Version: 10.0.9.2372.

I didn't insert my SIM card and launched the blackberry link.

it tells me i have an update. I click on install and i goes to install the software - reboot my device

when it's fully rebooted it tells me that i still have the old version of the OS. I've tried this already 3 times nothing works.

I hope i'm not the only one with this problem. I've uninstalled link and installed it back without succes.

Thanks in advanced

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Updating without succes

[ Edited ]

You are actually on the latest version. What is happening is that you are either (a) deleting carrier pushed apps or (b) deleting OS integrated Blackberry apps. The OS recognises this and pushes the apps back to you. It is a bit frustrating, but the quick workaround is to create a folder (such as "USELESS CRUD", which is what mine is called!) and move all of those programs that you don't want into that folder. Then bury that folder on the last pane of your home pages. Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: None

so theres no updates yet for STL100-2. ok can't seem to install whatsapp yet only by sideloading( and that has limited functionality)
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

The updates are (unfortuately) controlled by the carrier's at this time. They do some testing and determine when to release them.. so your carrier may not have released the update yet. The only way around that is if you have an unlocked z10 and can either borrow or buy a SIM card from a carrier that has pushed the updates you can get around it. Make sure that you have WiFi running or install it from your computer or you may incurr data charges on that SIM. Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

It appears that WhatsApp is now available for devices on a lower OS, such as  OS 10.0.9.2743.

The WhatsApp description still states only for devices of OS 10.0.10.82 and higher, but I have confirmed on mine it has installed and is working.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code