Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Using Dial Pad during a call

I have upgraded to version 10.2 and during a call to a business number that uses automated answering, I couldn't use the dial pad, everything on the screen was frozen. I know this worked previously so is this a glitch in 10.2?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Using Dial Pad during a call

I just made a call to a number that has an automated answer that goes to a recording. I was able to use the dial pad.

Have you rebooted the device by removing the battery and reinserting?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I took the battery out and then tried redailing the same number. I opened the dial pad but as soon as I selected a number it froze again. I couldn't end the call so I had to switch the phone off, I must have a problem with my 10.2 update.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Here's what I would do. Make a full backup with Link. Then do a security wipe and try the number again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

The security wipe corrected the problem, thanks. I now have to spend the time to reinstall everything from link.

Guru II

Yeah, there are a lot of issues with restore in 10.2.x. If I restore i can't switch to the dark theme in contacts. The solution is to wipe the device and not restore. However, I need my password keeper data. If I could restore just that I could probably solve the problem for good.