Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 & BlackBerry Playbook Wi-Fi only
My Carrier: Wind Mobile
Accepted Solution

Using Rogers Z10 with Wind Mobile

I have signed up for Wind Mobile's service and they have pulled my number from Rogers.  I've called Rogers and gotten the unlock code and it has been entered sucessfully.  The network subset and the service provider both show as unlocked.  When I have the Wind SIM card in the phone it says "Device is Network locked".  This is not the case from what I can see, but at the moment I don't have service at all.  Is there anything else I can do to get my phone to pick up service from the SIM card?

I'm down to my last straw.  Several have tried to help already and I have only 1 unlock attempt left.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Using Rogers Z10 with Wind Mobile

JCraigMobile wrote:

I have signed up for Wind Mobile's service and they have pulled my number from Rogers.  I've called Rogers and gotten the unlock code and it has been entered sucessfully.  The network subset and the service provider both show as unlocked.  When I have the Wind SIM card in the phone it says "Device is Network locked".  This is not the case from what I can see, but at the moment I don't have service at all.  Is there anything else I can do to get my phone to pick up service from the SIM card?

I'm down to my last straw.  Several have tried to help already and I have only 1 unlock attempt left.

I think i remember seeing on this site some thing about Rogers using a two step unlock procedure, you could search the site for unlocking and see what comes up

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor

Thanks for the info. I did search and found some information on it. Another user with a Z10 that was having the same issue and Rogers gave a second and different 8 digit code. I will contact Rogers again and see what I get from it all.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

JCraigMobile wrote:
Thanks for the info. I did search and found some information on it. Another user with a Z10 that was having the same issue and Rogers gave a second and different 8 digit code. I will contact Rogers again and see what I get from it all.

Good luck

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor

I've been on the phone with Rogers three times today. They seem to be confused and haven't been able to provide me with a second code as yet. Can't wait to get this sorted out.

Does anyone know what they call the second code? Is there something that I can say that may help the "light bulb" go on?
Contributor

I think this last Rogers rep has just screwed me on my last unlock attempt. Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Contributor

So, Tuesday this week my issue was resolved. It was via a motherboard replacement as the "10 tries" were completely used on my phone. A new phone would have cost $400-600; the motherboard replacement was much lower than that.

I'm up and running on Wind mobile now!!