Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Voice control under 10.2.1.2102

I just received the newest update and while the previous voice control issues (full voice control responses inaudible) are now gone, I'm seeing a couple new issues.

When using Full Voice Control, if I issue a command (ie. "Send bbm to bob smith"), there is often a very long delay from when i stop talking to when the confirmation sound is heard, sometimes up to 10 seconds.  This is not the delay to get the command back, rather the delay before the command is actually sent to the voice control server once it detects i have stopped talking.  Observed with 2 bluetooth headsets, so it is not headset related.

A second issue has to do with voice acurracy.  It definitely is not as accurate as it used to be.  Often, I need to repeat simple terms like "yes" or "message" over and over again.  This occurs over bluetooth and over the speaker, with US English and UK English.  I don't really have an accent.

Has anyone else noticed similar issues?  Voice control is essential for me while driving, and it remains one of the weakest features in an otherwise stellar device.