Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Volume is suddenly very low

Hi, hoping someone can help. Since the 10.1 update last night, the volume through the earphone jack is very low even with the headphone boost on. This is happening not only for music apps but for files also stored on my phone, so I don't see this being an app/file issue.

Anyone else experiencing this and have a way to fix it? I have restarted, shut down and played with all the volume settings...no changes...I can't even put my headphones on and drown out a conversation at the desk next to me...

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Volume is suddenly very low

Make sure the earphone jack is all the way plug in.
Pull it out and re-plug it in all the way.
If still doesn't work try a different pair of head phones just to make sure its not a issue with the pair of current headphone first.
Contributor

Thank you, I should have mentioned I have tried this with 3 different pairs of headphones and no difference...

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

Is the speaker working perfect? or does it only low volume to headphones?

You might have already try this...

Try changing the Call Audio, go into the Phone application> Swipe down from the top> Select Settings> Call Audio> Try using the Trouble Boost or Bass Boost and test the call volume.

Highlighted
Contributor

Well that seems to have worked for files on the phone now...and streaming audio...thank you! That being said, Songza and 8 Tracks still sound terrible and I have tried multiple playlists within them, so I guess it looks like an app issue in the long run...thanks again!