Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Wind

Watching movies on my Playbook

I've just been downloading some of the amazing movie deals on my Z10.  (Thanks BlackBerry by the way, you should advertise this more.)

Anyway, I want to play them on my playbook, but it seems like the DRM is restricting them to my phone, even though I should be able to load them on 5 different BlackBerry devices linked by my BBID.

I was wondering if there is a way to do this.  (Of course copying them through BB Link doesn't work, and you can hook up to BlackBerry World videos on your PlayBook.)

It just seems to me that the reason Apple is so successful is they link up all their media through the iStore, so if you make one purchace, you can watch it on your phone, tablet, TV, and computer. 

Is there anyway to accomplish this on the BlackBerry?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook 16g,32g, 64g (use this every day still), 2-z10's, Passport
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Watching movies on my Playbook

I had similar trouble with voice files so I eventually up loaded to Box and then downloaded to the other device.  I'm not sure why these are not shareable as I have have purchased lots of music and non of this shows up in my world for my phone along with a number of apps.