Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

What? I can't Highlight and Copy from Webpages???

Why can't I highlight, copy text from webpages?

If I find a URL I want to visit on a page but doesn't have a hyperlink, I want to select it and put it into the URL command line yet I can't even select the text...okay, how about typing it directly to the command line while reading it from the page? Nope, the moment I start typing anything it blocks out the wepage an starts suggesting irrelavent websites!

This is so backwards from using my regular computer! It's suppose to be a business phone, but you can't do any online business on it!

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: What? I can't Highlight and Copy from Webpages???

Hey MeVz,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

You can copy and paste from websites, press and hold on the text for a few seconds until the text is highlighted and then press and hold on that text and choose copy on the right side.  To paste, press and hold and choose paste on the right side.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: What? I can't Highlight and Copy from Webpages???

Only sometimes. I don't know why, but some blocks of text can be selected and most cannot. And when I say text I mean all text like in this message. My BlackBerry might select this, but elswhere on this page it might not. If I try to select a URL address in a comment it will not. If I try selecting hyperlink text to copy the URL it takes me to the URL instead or just copies the text or some weird value. It's the least intuitive piece of technology I've ever had.