Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Bell

What happens if you end up with two blackberry ids?

Please help. Finally bought a z10 and began the process of transferring from a pearl 8130.  Didn't know if I had an id so the service agent where I bought the phone created a new one.  Blackberry link didn't work for address book.  Since the pearl was on 4. 3.0.66, didn't think it had an id.  Did find a username and info in my options on the pearl.  Was that my id and do I now have a real problem?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: What happens if you end up with two blackberry ids?

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Refer:

• KB34137 How to confirm a BlackBerry ID account
  • KB28684 How to confirm a BlackBerry ID username

If indeed you had a BBID on your old device, and you also had BBM7 on that device, then indeed you'd want to use the same BBID so that your BBM Contacts would automatically migrate to your BB10 device. Likewise if you had AppWorld purchases...you'd want to use the same BB ID so that you could have those purchase records available to your new device and not have to (in some cases) purchase apps again for the BB10 device (though, if I am reading situations correctly, not many developers are offering free migration of paid apps to BB10...the developers had to totally re-write their apps rather than mere porting since BB10 is completely different from legacy BBOS).

But, if none of that applies (e.g., you don't use BBM or you have no AW purchases to worry about), then creating a new BB ID for the BB10 device may well be "no harm, no foul".

Lastly, for your device "address book", BB ID is not relevant, so it does not play into that issue at all. But, from your symptom of simply "didn't work", there's really nothing more I can offer (nor can I tell if you are asking for help with that).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks for the clarification.  My addressbook and the contact info still won't transfer through blackboard link to my new z10.  Do you know any tricks as I have read the manuals and followed the instructions?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Well, let's first settle the BBID question...for resolving that may well wipe your data from your device, so let's get that completed first...then we can look into your data transfer.

(BTW -- when we do get to that, please try to be a little more explicit...so far, the net total of what you've described for transferring your contracts is "won't transfer" and "didn't work"...a bit sparse on details...and it's details that are most helpful to understanding your situation and hopefully providing you with useful guidance.)

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I took my phone back to the service provider and my phone was replaced as I was having problems with not receiving texts or able to send them.  Bell did a network diagnostic and it was determined the phone was a problem.  After many tests at the store, the phone was replaced.   I'm not sure the ID is the issue.  But, what do I know?  I've had my Pearl for so long, moving to the Z10 has been a bit of a shock.  We tried the transfer through blackberry link again and it claimed it was completed.  What came over were a few memos and my call log.  No contacts from my address book at all.  With my pearl, i didn't use email nor gmail.  It wasn't connected to an enterprise system but I did have my office email address stored in the phone.  So I suppose I can just manually input them in my new phone which is now connected to gmail which doesn't make me happy.

Hall of Famer III

OK...so all is now good with the device and it's functions, you are just at a point of needing to decide what to do about your contacts that are solely on your old BB. OK...there are many KBs that discuss issues with data transfer:

• KB33578 Contacts are not migrated to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone if contact groups exist
  • KB33523 After migrating to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, settings, data, or applications, are missing

I don't know if either of those apply to your situation, and there are likely many other articles...you can search for those in that KB database.

If you do decide that you'll go the manual method, then I'd actually advice you do something else. Do you have Outlook? If so, you can configure a clean end-to-end synchronization of contacts and calendar between Outlook and your Z10. You can get everything set up in Outlook so that your contacts contain what you need, and then activate synchronization via Outlook.com for just calendar and contacts (your email can continue at gmail or wherever it is). Refer:

Even if you don't have the desktop Outlook client, you still might be better off using Outlook.com so that you can use your computer to better manage your data, and allow it to sync with the device.

Done right, you might even be able to get your data out of your old device rather than having to manually re-type it all...either by first installing the Desktop Software and configuring to sync with Outlook (just one time, so that you can get that data):

• KB03315 How to setup organizer data synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Or via an export from your old device to a CSV file, which you could then import into Outlook:

• KB24488 How to export contacts from a BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6

There are many alternatives for you to consider...so consider all of this and decide how you'd prefer to proceed.

Good luck!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

If you have two active Blackberry phones, each one has to have its own ID account. Only a Playbook can be shared on the same ID as a phone. This would be one tablet per same ID as a phone. This makes a maximim of two devices per ID as long as one is a phone and the other is a Playbook.

Jerry G.