Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: blackberry

What is blackberry box?

[ Edited ]

I went to store and I told him you can fix my z10 . he said my friend has blackberry box and he can fix your z10?

who can tell me what is that box?

Also I would know how they can Update BB z10 os ?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810, Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Re: What is blackberry box?

The only "Blackberry Box" I am familar with is basically a cloud base file sharing service/application...  It is preloaded on Blackberry 10 devices.

As to updating your OS, swipe down from the home page, tap settings, tap Software Updates, tap Check for Updates.  If your provider has an update for your device it will appear and you can install it.

Contributor

Thanks for answering

How can I get this blackberry box?

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

As ratcat said, it should already be on your phone.  White square, wavy blue top "BOX" in the middle. 

Contributor

no I mean is one pack of tools and software for fixing z10 problems

Trusted Contributor

Sorry but I do not know what this might have been.  Perhaps talking to the person that mentioned it to you would be helpful in figuring out exactly what they are referring to?

Contributor

I asked them but they didn't answer me

Trusted Contributor

OK.  So what exactly is wrong with your Blackberry that it needs to be fixed?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actually I updated my z10 and I am in Softwre updating step and I can't skip it and also i  cant go back

bbz.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Try updating your z10 via your computer browser as follows:

1.) Make sure you don't have any BlackBerry software running on your PC (BlackBerry Link and BlackBerry Desktop Software)
2.) Detach all BlackBerry smartphones, including the BlackBerry 10 device that you are going to restore.
3.) Using Internet Explorer navigate to www.BlackBerry.com/updates then scroll down the page and select the Check for Updates button.
4.) Connect the BlackBerry 10 device you want to restore
5.) Hold the power button for 10 seconds until the device turns off, then press the power button again so it turns on.
6.) A prompt will appear and the BlackBerry smartphone will show in the drop down list on your PC shortly after the LED lights up (it could show up as USB: UNKNOWN or USB: BlackBerry (PIN) – both are normal/fine).
7.) Click the OK Button as soon as it becomes enabled - you only have a few seconds to do this!
8.) Once the above steps are completed successfully a dialog will be displayed stating Checking for BlackBerry Device Software updates
9.) Your device power itself off after two minutes. Shortly after, the device LED should turn green.
10.)Continue to wait after the LED turns green and you will be prompted to install BlackBerry Device Software. Follow the prompts to install the BlackBerry Software and finish the software installation