Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

What size Micro SD card can be used for BB Z10?

Who knows where I can confirm the correct size for a MicroSd card for my new Z10? The google searches that I've done seem to indicate 32Gb MicroSd card? Does anyone know if this is correct?

Also, what "Class" of MicroSd card is compatible with the Z10? I want to get Class 10 but not sure if the Z10 will support it. Does anyone know where we can get these technical specifications?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: What size Micro SD card can be used for BB Z10?

[ Edited ]

it supports the new HC standard and class 10 works fine.

this works on a BB10

http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/microsd/ultra-class10-for-android/?capacity=64GB

To use an SD card larger than 32GB in a BlackBerry 10 smartphone please re-format to FAT32 as xfat is not supported at this time.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

You can use a card larger than 32 GB but you have to reformat it. Have a quick read of this:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33530

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Will support 32GB, MAY support 64 (I've seen some reports it works, but....)

Class 10 is required for 1080p video recording.  And note that this really means Class 10, not just what's stamped on the card.  Some so-called "Class 10" cards aren't and the phone will refuse to go into high-rate video mode if it's not fast enough -- it actually tests the speed.

I have a 16GB "Class 10" card that is not fast enough and the phone refuses to record in 1080p, and when I check it doing actual writes from my PC through a USB2 interface (plenty fast enough to saturate the card) well whadda 'ya know, it can't maintain Class 10 speeds despite being stamped "10".....

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

With the Z10, I would recommend a 16GB as the smallest size to use. You can also use a 32GB for the largest size.

I use class 10 in our phones. The camera in the Z10 is fairly fast and has featrures that work best with a fast card. The speed of the card also makes a difference with general searching of items stored in the card. The read/writes are faster with the class 10. 

Jerry G.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

It supports a 64 gig just use your Z10 to format ok!