Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telstra Australia

Re: Where are the sent mails - sync with IMAP

Okay I worked it out.

When I setup the email on my Z10 I must've not set it up as an Imap account, I must not have gone to the advanced tab in accounts and set up and IMAP for my email, I think it set it up as a pop by default.

Now I can see sent items on both my computer and Z10 and vice versa Smiley Very Happy

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Because I had to setup my email account again, all my sent items on my Z10 are in my old configuration which I have to delete, is there anyway to copy these sent items to my new email folders, using file manager or something like that?

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

That is quite interesting -- it is showing up on my server and thus is NOT local.   You SHOULD thus be able to see it on a Thunderbird client.

I know of no good way to move a LOCAL mailbox to an Imap client mailbox - they're likely entirely different formats.  My Imap server keeps things in MBOX format which is not a plain text file and as such you can't just copy things around -- you have to do it within the mail client or you'll blow up the folder format entirely.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: AIS, Thailand

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I have K9 loaded because I also want PGP capability, which (if you sideload APG first) you can obtain.  I have both it and the stock client pointed at the same mailbox.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!