Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Where's The Email Retention Setting?

i cant find the email retention setting.  help! 

i had it set to two weeks on my 9860 and would like to have it set the same on my Z10.

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Where's The Email Retention Setting?

I could have sworn that there were options up to 30 days, but I believe that after the initial sync interval there is no option other than 30 days (default? ) at this time.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I believe the default is 30 days. This is standard with most Smart Phones. It would be good if Blackberry would add the feature to allow the user to choose how long he would like the email to be retained.

I found if I delete the email message on the server such as Hotmail, or the ISP email account it shortly dissapears in the Z10 email account. 

I found in the email accounts it is possible to set the interval the phone checks for new email. I have mine set to 30 minutes. This should be the default.

Jerry G.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It depends on the account and how it's set up but you can reduce the 30 day email retention down to smaller values.

Go to the main Settings and go to Accounts. Tap the account you wish to change. Go to Advanced (on the bottom menu).

Change the sync time frame to 14 days, or as desired. Again, this may vary somewhat depending on how your email is setup and what email service provider you're using.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor

John_Clark wrote:
It depends on the account and how it's set up but you can reduce the 30 day email retention down to smaller values.

Go to the main Settings and go to Accounts. Tap the account you wish to change. Go to Advanced (on the bottom menu).

Change the sync time frame to 14 days, or as desired. Again, this may vary somewhat depending on how your email is setup and what email service provider you're using.

mine doesn't have Advanced on the bottom menu.

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

@J_C - are you on an EAS server?

It doesn't appear that IMAP or POP have the ability to change the retention settings at all (at least not on OS 10.0.10.85) other than the initial pull at setup.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Etisalat

On my Q10 (10.1.0.238) there is no Advanced menu in the Accounts settings.

How do I change it then?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Go to Settings. Then go to Accounts. Then tap on the email account you want to change. There should be an "Advanced" button at the bottom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Etisalat

On my OS (10.1.0.2342) for the Q10 there is no Advanced button, only Edit Folder Settings.

What version do you have?

Super Contributor

ntolman wrote:

On my OS (10.1.0.2342) for the Q10 there is no Advanced button, only Edit Folder Settings.

What version do you have?

Uh shouldn't this be posted to the Q10 forum?