Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Why is BB Link sofware file transfer so slooowwwwwww

I'm new to BBRY and the Z10, so can someone tell me if there is a 'trick' to getting the Link software to perform faster file transfers, backups, and software update downloads?

The data transfer speed is horrible.  I've tried both tethered (via USB) and wireless, but both take forever.  I had 2400k baud modems that worked faster than this.  Doing backups take 10 minutes and I have less than 3Gbytes of data, and forget about getting the new 1GB 10.1 BB10 update, I've let it download for over 2 hours before canceling.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong,

Thanks,

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Why is BB Link sofware file transfer so slooowwwwwww

[ Edited ]

Since this depends on how fast your internet connection is to download the files ...

Backups will take depends on the amount of information or files that you are restoring the blackberry.

Regards.

Kudos **Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions, as well give the answer like**

@ gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

GutiJose,

I have a very fast pipe to the house, my internet connection is not the problem.

As I said in my original post, I'm backing up less than 2Gb of data, iTunes used to back up my iPhone in less than 2 minutes and that had 14 Gb of data.

Again, are there any settings that I cannot find that need adjusting?  Otherwise, something is seriously wrong with the Link desktop app for Mac's.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

blackberry error can be link

restoration procedure takes some time

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution