Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

WiFi Calling for Z10 phones

When if ever is WiFi calling going to be available on the Z10 offerings. I live in a marginal area and require this feature.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: WiFi Calling for Z10 phones

Hello,

That feature is not technically available as per the way you asked your question. It can never be made available to everyone, as it requires each carrier to install infrastructure to support it (e.g., a bridge between the internet and their voice network). If a carrier has no such infrastructure nor any plans for same, then the answer to your question for that user would be "never". But, if the carrier does have such infrastructure and/or plans to install same, then the answer is "when the carrier makes it available". The carrier must push an app to the device, and the app must be for BB10, and BB10 must be ready for the app.

The only carrier for whom I've read anything about this is TMO USA...somewhere in their support forums (sorry, I saved no link) they said that it would be coming in the next OS release. When that happens is, of course, yet another question - but still one for the carrier to answer, not BlackBerry.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................