Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900 / Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

WiFi Profile keeps getting disabled

I'm always having issues where the WiFi profile gets disabled.

My school has a number of access points all with the same connection info and so I should be able to connect onto all the different access points seemlessly, however, it seems to get disabled a lot especially when I'm in an area of poor reception, or when I'm moving from one access point to another. It is extremely frustrating because I have to keep manually clicking on the profile, and then re-enabling it.

I already have "Allow inter access point handovers" enabled. I've tried with IP 6 on and off, doesn't make a difference.

I had the same issue on my Playbook as well.

There are a number of other people having problems as well as seen here on CrackBerry.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/saved-wifi-network-keeps-disabling-itself-774078/

As people have mentioned, this is likely due to the algorithm used by BlackBerry to prevent battery drain, but clearly it's causing the connection to stay dead. Especially for connections that have ever connected successfully, it would be good for the phone to keep trying every 5 or 10 minutes, or maybe try and figure out what cell-towers might be connected to the WiFi so if you are within a certain area, it will know to keep trying.

For the mean time, there should definitely be an option in the menu to quickly and easily re-enable the wifi profile.(e.g. with the long press/right side menu, or maybe even have an option at the bottom of the profile list.)

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: WiFi Profile keeps getting disabled

Hi Andrew4Life,

Do the access points resolve to the same Wi-Fi network? Do they all use the same SSID?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900 / Playbook

Yes, they are all the same.

I have no problems connecting to them individually. And some of the times it connects from one access point to another seemlessly, but at other times it will fail to connect, and the profile will become disabled.

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have also experienced Wifi Kicking out and this is despite showing a full signal. And in a room where it never drops out, next to the Wifi unit. My only soution is to reboot the phone, I am on version 10 of the software. Feel free to ask any questions, it is quite frustrating for a phone that cost me 500 quid

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10

Have you turned on "Inter access point handover" in the settings for that wifi profile?

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
My Device: BB-Z10
My Carrier: Singtel - Singapore

Hi Blackberry Team,

I am also facing the same issue.

WiFi get's disabled more oftent and once it's disabled, it doesn't reconnect it even after we enable it. Only option left is to restart BlackBerry Z10 device. which also takes lot of time and it's very annoying..

However, it doesn't happen with all WiFi, for some WiFi it happens like that.. for example the WiFi network we use in private oraganizations. 

Are there any further settings which needs to be done ?

is Blackberry team already working on this issue as it's very much required feature. If yes, How long it will going to take to resolve this isssue. 

However other brand devises doesn't seems to have this problem. 

Request you to resolve the issue at the earliest and provide us it as update..

Thanks & Regards

Ilesh

Contributor
My Device: z10

[ Edited ]

Subject: Wi-fi Connection Drops and Disables wifi radio on TP-LINK 470N Router(Single Band - 2.4GHz)(Home Connection)

Hello,

I am Jay Panchal

Recently i owned BlackBerry z10 and Having Latest firmware upgrade version: 10.2.1.2102 Update.

I am Using Wi-fi Connection to connect internaet to my phone but since i h'd started using BlackBerry z10 it constantly drops connection with Home Router wifi furthermore it also disables wifi radio so other device connect ed to that router even make disconnected to router. Solution is to that problem is i have to restart my router every time.

I tried to change following changes to my router:

Mode: From 11bgn mixed to 11n only
Enabled SSID Broadcast
Wireless Security: From WAP-Personal to WAP2-Personal
Beacon Interval: From 100 to 50
RTS Thresold: From 2346 to 2304

I h'd made Address Reservation of my phone to router.

Note: My Router has Latest Firmware Version:3.16.6 Build 130529 Rel.47286n  (H/W Version WR740 v4.0000)

I am using Sony Xperia Acros, HP ProBook 4440s, Sony Vaio Laptop Devices Parallely, Either of any h'd not problem with connection drop out until.

So, I request you to Help me out any from this situation.

Ant Modification/ Changes/ Suggestion are Welcomed.

My Router Setting:

Wireless Radio:    Enable
Name (SSID):    XXXXXXXXX
Channel:    Auto (Current channel 11)
Mode:    11n only
Channel Width:    20MHz
MAC Address:    XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
WDS Status:    Disable

Beacon Interval : 50
RTS Threshold: 2304
Fragmentation Threshold: 2346 (Fixed)
DTIM Interval: 1
WMM Enabled
AP Isolation Disabled

WAN Connection Type: PPPoE (Connect Automatically)

Settings on phone:

Enable Connections
Hidden SSID off
Security Type WPA/WPA- Personal
VPN Profile <None Selected>
Band Type 2.4GHz
Auto Obtain IP - On
Using Auto-IP - Checked
IPv6 Disabled
Proxy Disabled
Inter-Access point Handover - On

Please help me to rid out this situation.

Thanking You.

Have a Nice Day

Regards - Jay Panchal

New Contributor

Well! from june 2013 through may 2014 people asked for a solution. Thousands of people came to this topic and went disappointed for not being able to find a solution. And here today Feb 2015 I am replying to the same post and confirm that this issue is still there with z10. Even I face the same thing.

I Wonder why not even a single blackberry technical guy came to this topic and viewed our concern. Among all those thousand people who visited this topic not even a single blackberry technical guy saw this?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

sankitk wrote:
Well! from june 2013 through may 2014 people asked for a solution. Thousands of people came to this topic and went disappointed for not being able to find a solution. And here today Feb 2015 I am replying to the same post and confirm that this issue is still there with z10. Even I face the same thing.

I Wonder why not even a single blackberry technical guy came to this topic and viewed our concern. Among all those thousand people who visited this topic not even a single blackberry technical guy saw this?

Well, sankitk try this!

If you have "WMM" (Wireless Multi Media)  option enabled Under "Wireless Advance" setting in your router control panel just try to disable it, and that restart router, also delete connection with your wifi from phone and reconnect with your SSID by entering your relevant passkey.

This may help you.

Thanking You.

Have a Nice Day

Regards - Jay Panchal

New Contributor

Bingo!
Thanks Jay, thank really worked. Just to make sure that it works I enabled wifi on my blackberry and kept it ON for past two days. Thumbs up to your solution buddy.

But I still wonder why it should only cause issue with blackberry? My wife use Nexus5 and we both have one laptop each. We never faced that issue with WMM enabled then why this issue with blackberry.