Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Optimus

Wifi doesn't auto connect after updating to 10.1

Hi, after the update to 10.1 I've been having difficulties connecting to my wifi networks (home and work). it's strange because if I leave the area where I have signal when I come back it just doesn't connect anymore, and it doesn't detect other ssid either. This seems to happen in short spaces of time i.e. if I go home at night after work it connects, but let's say I take out the trash and come back it doesn't... at work the same, in the morning all good, after a quick lunch outside the building, nothing... I talked to the it guys and there were no changes to the configuration, and at home I didn't change anything either. I know the problem came with 10.1 because before the update it worked flawlessly. If anybody knows a workaround besides reboot I would really appreciate,as for now it's the only thing that seems to work, but it is not convenient at all having to reboot every time I leave wifi coverage. I have a z10 with carrier free, with sim card from Optimus Portugal, update made ota, the day it was announced at BlackBerry live. I'm more than happy to provide further details if needed. Thank you very much.
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: M1

Re: Wifi doesn't auto connect after updating to 10.1

Yes, I have same issue here.

But I am using OS, not 10.1 (the update has not come to my location yet)

I found the reason is my router set the password to protect everyone else log in, every time when I need to connect to my router, I need to key in the password, even though I use "save and connect", but next time when I need to connect again, I need to re-key in the password. Its quite troublesome.