Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Wifi not working with Data Service turned off

Every other device is ok including a 9800.
Going to the EE shop tomorrow.
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Hmmm.

I decided to take pictures of the setup and go to the store to get some help - and what do you think. Now suddenly WiFi works.

I did the exact same step as yesteday.

1 - disable data services

2 - select connected wifi

3 - go to advanced and ping 173.252.110.27

- received replies as expected - same happend yesterday

4 - opened tehe browser, and surprise it worked,

5 - opend the facebook app - and even bigger surprise, that worked too.

This is NOT a router issues since all my other wifi devices are working perfectly fine at the same time.

Next time it happens I will do the exact same step, take picture of each, go to the AT&T store and have them fix it for me. One way or another. We have had this phone for not even 2 weeks

Regular Contributor

Can't see any option to ping router. Curious that I can connect over a wifi hot spot but not my router. Will see what ee say but its pointing at router. I did upgrade firmware recently
Regular Contributor

Well I went into the EE shop today to check if they could help me, however they are mostly all sales rather than tech support, so they put me onto phone (EE&BB) tech support.

What I did notice immediately is that the phone connected to the EEWifi shop hotspot and allowed me to surf with data/mobile services off, however I did notice that the channel was different to my router's (understandable) and also there was no security (Open).

Support just suggested doing a factory reset and restoring from backup which I will do when I get back through Link.

I will also setup a separate SSID for the Z10 and put it on a different channel first to see if that makes a difference.

I remember a host of problems like this with the iPhone5 of my wife's which forced me to use non-hidden SSID (yeah I know it's not recommended, but all dozen or so devices connected fine including my BB 9800) but using a white-list of MAC addresses to discourage the freeloaders.

Will report on my findings.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

To get to ping click the 'advanced' button onth e bottom when on the wifi page. On the advanced page there is a dropdown with different options, one is logs (which might be useful, I did not check that) and another is ping.

I checked the phone, and WiFi is still working this morning (and the facebook app), but for sure I will keep an eye on it.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK thanks the bar didn't look like a dropdown. Useful info.

I added my new SSID#2 and added my phone's MAC# to the white list, and set it up as WPA2/PSK. The phone recognised it, logged on and the connection info showed correctly.

Still no connection over wifi.

The internet connection showed weird though, no gateway, primary/secondary dns and the ip# looks completely different to the router's (since fibre upgrade it's now 80.xx.xx.xx) but the phone's is 169.254.110.226). Is that normal?

Next a wipe and restore I guess..

Oh yeah and I could see the connection on the router's web admin page against the SSID2, so I know it's connecting, the data is just not going over wifi.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

IP of 169.254.x.x means DHCP did not release an IP to it.

I have to reboot an old router here to get DHCP to work sometimes.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor

OK thanks, all of the devices which connect to the router normally get assigned one sequentially from the logical 192.168.1.1.

The router is fairly new, a Draytek 2850 ADSL/VDSL modem and has only had problems once last week when we had a power cut and I needed a cold restart. All reconnected fine after that though, including the Z10.

Could I have toasted my router? seems a coincidence that loads of people are having similar issues.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

power down router for 10 minutes, some provider send updates when powered off for a 10 minutes

if a personal router, then maybe there is a firmware update as even a new one can sit in a box for months.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor

Ok thanks I'll power it down tonight.

I have the latest firmware, I was on a RC for a bugfix where fibre upload speed on draytek was slow. I've just upgraded to the official one released recently on the weekend, perhaps I'll drop back to the RC.