Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Will we get a seperate email icon sometime?

Just wonder if we will get seperate email icons sometime in an update? I understand the hub but I really liked having email icon fro each account. I've tried to get use to swiping back to go from reading an email to checking a text and what have you but I don't like it all together like it is. Kept all my email icons and text icon on the main screen so just pushing one button took me to that screen and then pushing which ever email account or text icon and I was reading what I wanted. To me swiping back and then selecting the text is more steps. If your reading an email you have to swipe back to the email box and then again to get to the hub, then select the text box. For those that like the hub that is fine I would just like email icons back. Had 8 email accounts on the 9900 and they will stay there and I use wifi for it. Only keep one account on the Z10 so I can get those when I'm not near wifi.

Also for some the lack of it compressing data like it did might push some data plans. The lower data use was another selling point of the blackberry and they changed another good thing. I know they say it is faster because it doesn't have to compress the data but on my old BB I could carry  on a conversation with a friend while he was at work on his computer. We could email back and forth like text but now with how slow the Z10 does email it can take 15 mins to get his emails. Before somebody says anything when he is at work he can't text because of no signal at his desk so email is the only way

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Will we get a seperate email icon sometime?

The Hub is what it is, I doubt you'll see individual email accounts as icons until you find some third party email application.

For your friend, you could try using WhatsApp if he doesn't use BBM.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I don't see either of these things coming to the Z10. The Hub is it. That's the selling point of the Z10. As for email it depends on your email service provider. Some are IMAP push or ActiveSync and are instant. Others are not and there is up to a 15 minute delay. It's just how it works.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10

Friend doesn't use a blackberry so no BBM. Just don't see why we can't have email icons, those that don't want them can hide them.  Problem with the hub is I don't see it working very good with the Q. Seems like swiping will be allot harder with the keyboard. In fact it seems like the trackpad would be a good thing to have. Never used the touch screen on the 9900.

Understand this is just the way email is going to work on the new BB, just sad they did away with a great selling point of the BB. All my email was there within seconds no matter what the account was and it seems like that is something people want in a business devise. Now I understand they have changed the marketing idea and are going after what they think is the bigger market. This might pay off for them but it seems like they are going to lose a good sized group of the diehard users.  Not sure how it is going to work out for them but have talked with a couple of places that sell phones around here and nowbody has been selling very many Z10's

No, you can't hide icons. At least not now.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat (AE)

Come on BlackBerry, it's not difficult to make an e-mail icon on the home screen, after all you have icons for BBM and text messages.

This gives us the option of keeping everyone happy. If you like to have a separate e-mail icon, great. If you prefer to use BB Hub then you can just delete the icon.

Thorsten says he listens to the BB faithful, if so, then please make an e-mail icon for the home screen in a forthcoming update.

david_breslin wrote:

Thorsten says he listens to the BB faithful, if so, then please make an e-mail icon for the home screen in a forthcoming update.

I am not confident that Thorsten Heins will see your post in this forum. Smiley Wink

Out of curiosity, why would you rather an icon, and not the hub?

All an icon would do is take you right back to your Hub email

Knowledge Base Updates