Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: T-Mobile Netherlands

Wiping Z10

After an attempt to sideload i had set my Z10 into the developer mode along with device password.

Somehow i probably mistyped the password twice, resulting in 10 mistrials which forced the phone into full reset.

It had 15/16Gb device memory in use, not a whole special apps installed maybe 10-12 from stock.

Now it has been "wiping" 10 hours, no help @blackberryhelp what so ever, did a battery pull about 7 hours in.

After replacing the battery it gave a red led and continued with the paper shredder icon with the "work" circle below it.

How long should/could this take, i have a back up from late November on the notebook, but no way to get in now...

Just leave on charge...and "wiping" ??? longest period i read online was about 1 1/2-2 hours..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jan

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Wiping Z10

Hello JanBroersma

You can indicate which version of OS you have installed on your z10?

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

JanBroersma wrote:

After an attempt to sideload i had set my Z10 into the developer mode along with device password.

Somehow i probably mistyped the password twice, resulting in 10 mistrials which forced the phone into full reset.

It had 15/16Gb device memory in use, not a whole special apps installed maybe 10-12 from stock.

Now it has been "wiping" 10 hours, no help @blackberryhelp what so ever, did a battery pull about 7 hours in.

After replacing the battery it gave a red led and continued with the paper shredder icon with the "work" circle below it.

How long should/could this take, i have a back up from late November on the notebook, but no way to get in now...

Just leave on charge...and "wiping" ??? longest period i read online was about 1 1/2-2 hours..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jan

The last time that I did a wipe (in April) it took over 6 hours to do the wipe and then a few more hours for the settup.

The more the 16Gb is full the more time it takes

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Fido

I have the Z10, did a security wipe 4 hours ago. 4 hours, nothing happened, still "wiping", I pulled the battery twice, waited a few minutes before I put it back in, but goes back to wiping. I've heard horror stories in these forums that one person took 26 hours for his Q5 to wipe! ARGH!