Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Style
My Carrier: Sprint

With out the ability to sync OUTLOOK to the Z10 or Q10, BLACKBERRY IS DEAD TO ME

I have been loyal, loyal, loyal.  My Style is USB connected to my PC right now.  Every employee of my company has the same handset and the same sync.  We live and work with OUTLOOK and the sync.  I only purchase Blackberry handsets for the company because they sync...SEAMLESSLY with OUTLOOK. 

As I stated in the title: with out the ability to sync OUTLOOK to the Z10 or Q10, BLACKBERRY IS DEAD TO ME.

BTW, WHO FREAK'N MADE THIS DECISION???????

New Contributor
My Device: Z1o
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: With out the ability to sync OUTLOOK to the Z10 or Q10, BLACKBERRY IS DEAD TO ME

I agree.... its absoulutely unacceptable that there is no sync to Outlook ... I have researched and tried for hours to find a way to at least upload my contacts. there is some stupid instructions on how to put my old phone SIM card into the Z10 and do an upload... does not work... so I assume they mean an older blackberry .. not an iPhone... they should state this .. the instructions are not great. Even if I was to do a one time upload, I still woudl not have a sync. this is the most basic of requirements... I like the phone but it will be returned if I can't get a sync to outlook in short order.

I Assume THEY WANT TO SWAY iPHONE USERS.... this will be a killer for a lot of new Z10ers.

Highlighted
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: With out the ability to sync OUTLOOK to the Z10 or Q10, BLACKBERRY IS DEAD TO ME

This is rediculous.  When I bought my wife and I BB's I had to buy Outlook for each of us.

We have been syncing our phones for years as a backup measure.

Standalone copies of Outlook are not inexpensive.  If I remember correctly about $350.

I was some pissed about having to do that.

Now you can imagine how pissed I'd be if I bought a Z10.

Not going there until ALL works the way it does now.

There is no mention in the Z10 manual about this stupidity.

Outlook is my email central and when I leave the house the phone fills in to be backed up later.

New Contributor
My Device: Z1o

the new release of Link has the Outlook sync feature... I have used and i works .... BUT its one way at this point... but a note in the  Link screen says a 2 way is coming shortly.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

You can think all your icloud calendar and contacts, no need to sync outlook: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/icloud-calendar-contacts-787755/

Also i can sync all outlook caendar nd contact with no problem
New Contributor
My Device: 9700 (Q10 given to missus)
My Carrier: Zain

See the thread at http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Q10/Q10-and-Outlook-Sync-2-ways/td-p/2362025/page/... for a temporary solution from JSaunders.  One hopes that Blackberry will correct this significant flaw quickly.  It's one of the two reasons why I (and some people I know) have remained loyal for so long and waited.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

BB

Please at least tell us what's going on with the Outlook sync.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10

Microsoft.