Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Q10
My Carrier: Koodo
Accepted Solution

Yahoo.ca email account information disappears or is not recognized

For the past 3-4 days, on the Z10, the Yahoo.ca email account password has disappeared from the Settings, Account information, and has had to be reentered each day. The error said the login information had changed or was incorrect, except nothing had changed at my end.

I tried deleting the account and adding it again to the device.

Today, I cannot add the Yahoo account at all on the Z10. The error message says, at this time the account cannot be added. Please try again later.

This problem exists even after the OS upgrade to 10.2.0.1791

The issue with the Yahoo.ca account has been ongoing for days,

Has anyone else had this issue?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: Yahoo.ca email account information disappears or is not recognized

Recently someone else had the same problem with Yahoo, I suggested they change their password.

They did not reply back so I think it might have worked for them.

Try, and I hope it works for you.

Contributor

Thanks. I'll keep that suggestion in mind.

After more two days of trying, I was finally able to add the Yahoo.ca account back to the Z10 device.

It added calendar, contacts, and email separately, so I kept trying and finally got all three added back.

I did not change anything on my device, so perhaps the problem has been with the Yahoo mobile server.

At one point I did receive a message about the mobile.login.yahoo.com port not being able to be reached.

Hopefully this time the account information will remain on the device, and continue to be recognized.

Forums Veteran I

Thanks for posting back to let us know.  We hope not to hear from you again, meaning you have no more problems.

Contributor

The password disappeared again, so I changed the password as you suggested.

I discovered that Yahoo had changed the password requirements, and that was likely causing the problem.

(I wish the error message had been more specific so I would have known that was the issue earlier).

I created a new password according to the new Yahoo password requirements, and I have not had any other problems with it so far.

Thanks.

Forums Veteran I

Well I thought it was the password as this has happened before with Yahoo and now twice here recently, so we know what to tell the next person.

My Device: z10
My Carrier: Airtel

i changed the password, but the problem is continuing. the message which the phone showing while configuring the email is the account cannot be added now please try letter. the account is working fine in my ipad. strange and frustrating problem.
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Airtel

please ignore the typos.