Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z 10 PROBLEMS WITH OUTGOING MAILS

Your Gmail works. Your POP mail does not.

I suspect, as stated above, it could as well be a POP server issue.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

RedBaron wrote:

If there was a problem with the ports or at the ISP end it would not have been working on the 9900 either from which I shifted to the Z10. Either case software or hardware compatibility must be rooted in the Z10 device. It is disappointing to see such a basic error not being addressed by RIM.

Not actually the case, the 9900 used BIS to act as an intermediary between your 9900 and your POP server. In essence your 9900 never had to connect to your POP server, as BIS did this for the 9900 and then pushed along the information to the 9900.

You can see if your mail server is reachable from the z10 by going to: Settings, Network Connections, Wifi, Click "Advanced", chose ping from the drop down menu. Now enter your mail server address (mail.someservername.com) in the Ping To field an click send. if you see ping results that are 'received' then the server is reachable, if they are unreceived then you cannot reach the server from your network at all for some reason.

Now, you may be able to ping this server without issue and still not be able to send traffic on certain ports, I cannot find anywhere on the ZED to test for port connectivity yet, but if I do I will reply with that info here.

Let us know if you can ping your server. Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Z 10

Thanks. The ping was successful on Wifi but the mails are still not going through.