Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z-10
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

Z-10 Security Wipe

I've just performed a security wipe on my Z-10 due to BlackBerry ID sign in problem. Can I use my most recent backup file on BlackBerry Link to reload the apps & other stuff or is that file associated with my old BlackBerry ID & I would just be reloading the BlackBerry ID problem back onto my phone again?

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z-10 Security Wipe

Milkman1 wrote:

I've just performed a security wipe on my Z-10 due to BlackBerry ID sign in problem. Can I use my most recent backup file on BlackBerry Link to reload the apps & other stuff or is that file associated with my old BlackBerry ID & I would just be reloading the BlackBerry ID problem back onto my phone again?

If the BBID for the backup and the device are not the sam you will not be able to restore anything, it is a security feature

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
My Device: BlacckBerry® Passport & PRIV
My Carrier: EE. UK

You'll need to start fresh. Input your new BlackBerry ID on the Z10, then plug it into BlackBerry Link. Don't sign in on BlackBerry Link, select restore and you may be able to restore contacts. Your applications are associated with your previous BlackBerry ID not the new one.

Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z-10
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

After doing a Security Wipe, will I have to pay again for any Apps that I previously had because I have a new BlackBerry ID?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: Out

[ Edited ]

Hi!

You don't need new BBID, they talk about You shouldn't use Your backup file.
It means You just enter Your existing BBID after wiping without restoring and everything Your bought or even free dowloaded from BBW will back after some time waiting. You'll find it under BBW -> My World -> Available, but keep in mind all sideloaded apps include every Android app will gone
Your BBM contacts also will back again
If You have some kind of sync Your contacts and calendar, they will back after re-enter to Your account too.